Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
virgie team and coach class act
Riverview middle school played the eagles to a scoreless first half then the eagles connected for 2 long td passes in the second half ending in a 14-0
game.....the rising wave held the virgie team to very minimal ground yardage
only completed 2-3 passes but 2 of those where for points...id dare to say
the\wave played them the toughest game theyve saw in awhile......
congrats to the victors and the wave.....the virgie staff where very professional...
Does Virgie play Pikeville and/or Belfry Middle???
CBS Virgie is as big as a most varsity teams...ive seen pikeville middle and belfry play
and Virgie will beat both by 40 or more and could beat them if they combined teams.
If you got a solid defense and I dont mean big kids I mean kids who"ll rip your lungs out and corner backs and a free safety who are better than 6 feet tall you can beat them..we got the line and linebackers we didnt have the secondary or we could have
beat them...
I want to know...I was at a Shelby Valley practice the other day..and I saw Virgie come out..they didn't look very big from what I saw...are we talking about the same team here???
Just wondering what made them so classy? I'm not saying that they arn't or anything, just wondering what made you think that.
dozen or so kids over 6feet tall id say that makes them big...athletes too..as far as them being classy, they treated us with respect as did the virgie fans and moms at the concession to our kids and with a minute to go they kneed the clock out when they coulda tried to drive one in...I know the aint a lotta love for the coach there but im gonna give credit where credit is do..my hats off to them..
kyfootball fan.Whats your definition of big? where talking middle school football here 11-14 yr olds..
football dad Wrote:dozen or so kids over 6feet tall id say that makes them big...athletes too..as far as them being classy, they treated us with respect as did the virgie fans and moms at the concession to our kids and with a minute to go they kneed the clock out when they coulda tried to drive one in...I know the aint a lotta love for the coach there but im gonna give credit where credit is do..my hats off to them..
Nothing better than having classy fans and a coach who knows when enough is enough :thumb:

and who doesn't like friendly concession stand workers!! :bow:
Agreed with Beef, always nice to see people being nice to the opposing team and taking good care of the players, staff, and fans. I knew it was always appreciated when I played basketball and we felt comfortable with the people in our surroundings.
football dad Wrote:kyfootball fan.Whats your definition of big? where talking middle school football here 11-14 yr olds..

I know at that practice..I saw about 3 kids who looked close to 6 feet tall..and they were a reciever..a qb..and a linemen..i dont know where the many kids came from..but I didn't see but just 3 who looked big..and I seen earlier someone said Virgie was a so to be...force to be reckoned with...or something along those lines...I'm not putting them down..but I just knnow they weren't a big team like you're making them out to be.
seeing your wanting to make an argument out of it and all I was doing was praising the kids,maybe you shoulda opend your eyes a little bigger or was it the fact that grundy played them so close you just need to make them smaller now...they where huge for a middle school team 14 hold backs most of which where pushing 15 or allready 15...and a **** good bunch of kids so let rest if you cant be positive.I know what I saw on the field I was within
10 feet of them allday..