Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region!!!!!
Its a ways away but anyone got any news or talk about the 13th region next season... Any word about the coaching job at knox central?
There is no one going to touch Bell County next season.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:There is no one going to touch Bell County next season.

Why do you say that?? They lost their coach, and their #2 starter, not to metion the team I follow KC beat them twice. KC was eliminated 1st round of region. Bell got the luck of the draw my friend.
the dark wizard Wrote:Why do you say that?? They lost their coach, and their #2 starter, not to metion the team I follow KC beat them twice. KC was eliminated 1st round of region. Bell got the luck of the draw my friend.

Almost their entire team, with the exception of whom you mentioned, were juniors. They will be stacked with offense and the also return their #1 starter, and from what I seen from the rest of the region last season, no one should be them when it comes tournament time. They may beat them occasionally in the regular season, but not whenever tournament comes around.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Almost their entire team, with the exception of whom you mentioned, were juniors. They will be stacked with offense and the also return their #1 starter, and from what I seen from the rest of the region last season, no one should be them when it comes tournament time. They may beat them occasionally in the regular season, but not whenever tournament comes around.

You never no.. You cant count out the Panthers though. They lost a few seniors but will be replacing them with just as good or better with the exception of Scalf. They got 2 players a junior and senior who missed last year with injurys, and a transfer from Bell that didnt get released last year.
the dark wizard Wrote:You never no.. You cant count out the Panthers though. They lost a few seniors but will be replacing them with just as good or better with the exception of Scalf. They got 2 players a junior and senior who missed last year with injurys, and a transfer from Bell that didnt get released last year.
Can't count out Clay County. 9 everyday starters returning. Watch out for the Tigers. For 6 2/3 innings the Tigers beat the Bobcats 2-1 in the regional championship game. If Nicholson gets the start maybe Clay makes the trip to Lawrence County, who knows??
Hit and Run Wrote:Can't count out Clay County. 9 everyday starters returning. Watch out for the Tigers. For 6 2/3 innings the Tigers beat the Bobcats 2-1 in the regional championship game. If Nicholson gets the start maybe Clay makes the trip to Lawrence County, who knows??

True story i saw it. Like I said this year will be like last. The luck of the draw. Clay and Bell played for it all. Clay and Bell drew the two weakest teams. Who will draw those two next season?
Clay County will be very talented in '09.
Corbin, North Laurel, and South Laurel are traditionally strong.

Is coach Ledington at Whitley County now? If so, with the enrollment and facilities, they will be a conender by post-season.

Bell County may not be as strong without Ledington come post season time either.
hoot owl Wrote:Clay County will be very talented in '09.
Corbin, North Laurel, and South Laurel are traditionally strong.

Is coach Ledington at Whitley County now? If so, with the enrollment and facilities, they will be a conender by post-season.

Bell County may not be as strong without Ledington come post season time either.

He is at Whitley.
Whitley will definitely be a contender in the post-season. If I'm not mistaken the region is at Whitley this year?
Knox lost there # 1 in Scalf and you don't replace a kid like him. Knox really didn't have a number 2. If Melton is back coaching they have a chance to be good or average. Who is the new coach?
KC's new coach is Roger Vanover.
QUOTE]Bell County may not be as strong without Ledington come post season time either.[/QUOTE]

The grass on log mountain may not be as green but if think ledington was the coach you don't know tommy.

Although Bell is the favorite, you can not leave the jackets off the list of contenders that include Clay, South, North and Knox. As far as Bell is concerned they now have their first ever real baseball coach. This won't be good for everyone else this season.
MHS Alumnus Wrote:QUOTE]Bell County may not be as strong without Ledington come post season time either.

The grass on log mountain may not be as green but if think ledington was the coach you don't know tommy.

Although Bell is the favorite, you can not leave the jackets off the list of contenders that include Clay, South, North and Knox. As far as Bell is concerned they now have their first ever real baseball coach. This won't be good for everyone else this season.[/QUOT

Those are awful big words, regional champs and he is the first coach they have had. Are you crazy, We will see, I will bet the farm and all the stock they can't win it with Smith. He has a loaded team and will not win it this year.
MHS Alumnus Wrote:QUOTE]Bell County may not be as strong without Ledington come post season time either.

Although Bell is the favorite, you can not leave the jackets off the list of contenders that include Clay, South, North and Knox. As far as Bell is concerned they now have their first ever real baseball coach. This won't be good for everyone else this season.[/QUOTE]then why don't you go play for bell county then.
As long a Coach powell is around there is no need to GO anywhere. Bell has been a joke in baseball. Last year had nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with a great draw at the end. Really does not matter the district will be determined by how much the jackets improve.
How many times did Middlesboro and Bell play last year? and How many times did Middlesboro beat Bell?
Typical Bell short term memory. One good season in school history. However, if you guys keep recruiting m'boro coaches your baseball and softball might get better. At least they will learn the fundamentals.
Nothing to do with the coach. With or without a coach if you keep this group of seniors together they will be tough to beat. Clay will be the team to beat.
MHS Alumnus Wrote:Typical Bell short term memory. One good season in school history. However, if you guys keep recruiting m'boro coaches your baseball and softball might get better. At least they will learn the fundamentals.
How many years has Bell beat Middlesboro for the district title?
MHS Alumnus Wrote:Typical Bell short term memory. One good season in school history. However, if you guys keep recruiting m'boro coaches your baseball and softball might get better. At least they will learn the fundamentals.

They've actually had a few 20 win seasons recently..I would say that's a good season.
now we know that bel and mboro are two big rivials but don't count out some major under dogs because they are the teams that usually surprise alot of people knox county will have good season this year bring alot to the table with a strong senior leadership roles in both Cory Smith and Boyd Killion and a young bunch of under classmen that know the game and have the fire to fight for the wins that they will need this year.
redstorm Wrote:How many years has Bell beat Middlesboro for the district title?
the last time bell beat Mboro out the district besides last year was about 4 years ago.when my cousin Jimmy Wilder pitch for bell.Tom greer was coach then.they played Rockcastel in the regional.Jimmy pitched against rock also without much rest and the so called coach let him throw over 150 pitches in one game!! Think he would do that to his son **** no!!Thats why i have no Respect for tommy greer!!