Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dennis Dillon?
I see that he was playing Friday night. Did Dr. Ireland decide no surgery?
I think you mean Dennis. Nathan plays RB. Dennis is the QB.

Yes, he did play but I don't know the story around his injury.
Keepnitreal Wrote:I think you mean Dennis. Nathan plays RB. Dennis is the QB.

Yes, he did play but I don't know the story around his injury.

Yes, my bad. I did not get to hear pre-game on Friday night. THey may have discussed it then.
I hope the best for Dillon and Nathan. Great kids and great athletes! I was told that Dennis was done with football for life unless he risked a permanent shoulder injury.
I don't know if it is true, and I know that right now, Dennis would rather take the risk over not playing at all. I have a hard time believing it is true though, because I can't believe that any coach out their would allow a kid to step on the field and put them in jeopardy like that. When you think of all the kids to choose from that would do an adequate job replacing Dennis. Can anyone confirm on just what the case is?
He did act like he was hurting some at the game.
I just talked to his sister(very nice young lady as well) She said he did not get a release from his doctor. But, that he was 18 and made the decision himself to play. i know it is hard for him to sit it out. But there always comes a time when everyone has to shed the pads.
This now becomes a moral issue for his coach. does his coach tell him, Son....the heartache will heal and you have been a great asset to the program, but let's not risk you having something happen that can affect the rest of your life. Or does he say....Way to suck it up son....now let's go win some ball games...
Dennis is 18, a legal adult, so I think it is up to him to decide. He has and has chose to play, he will be back under center for the Eagles this Friday as they travel to Woodford Co.
Well, I guess that sums it up...................
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Well, I guess that sums it up...................

Sheew, I can imagine the relieve you now must feel, now that you know.
IRISH4 Wrote:Dennis is 18, a legal adult, so I think it is up to him to decide. He has and has chose to play, he will be back under center for the Eagles this Friday as they travel to Woodford Co.

If he gets his shoulder hurt again would you still feel the same?
He could have permanent damage if he takes a hit on that shoulder. As a coach, would you just chalk it up as, he is 18 and it was his choice? I hope Dennis the best, and hope he stays injury free.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Sheew, I can imagine the relieve you now must feel, now that you know.
I think it was relief from something else...lol
The Guru Wrote:If he gets his shoulder hurt again would you still feel the same?
He could have permanent damage if he takes a hit on that shoulder. As a coach, would you just chalk it up as, he is 18 and it was his choice? I hope Dennis the best, and hope he stays injury free.
Lets see, you (or one of you) have not only called his coach incompetent, but you have basicly said his parents, as well as the player, are all idiots too.
I think it was relief from something else...lol

For you, or for Lisa Douglas? I'm getting confused here, things are all starting to run together.Smile
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Lets see, you (or one of you) have not only called his coach incompetent, but you have basicly said his parents, as well as the player, are all idiots too.
Where are you getting this from?? I might have an oppinion about the coach allowing a kid to play knowing what the risks are. But never have I said anything but nice things about the kid and his parents....WOW...for some reason you have really been grabbing at straws to bust mine and Lisa's chops on here. But suggesting that I/we are calling the Dillon family idiots is a new low.Sad
The Guru Wrote:Where are you getting this from?? I might have an oppinion about the coach allowing a kid to play knowing what the risks are. But never have I said anything but nice things about the kid and his parents....WOW...for some reason you have really been grabbing at straws to bust mine and Lisa's chops on here. But suggesting that I/we are calling the Dillon family idiots is a new low.Sad
Hey, lets just tell it like it is. You/her have been making subtle pot shots about the Johnson Central program for about two weeks now. This is generally the time of year that all the Matney pot shots start coming around. You know, the inuendos, the (hope) he's gonna leave for Belfry stuff, and all of the other come to expect pre Apple Bowl jargon. Just a little more subtle right now than normal, but still not invisible. Just really unwarranted ploys and shots. Nobody from JC has done anything remotely like that to precipitate it.

When it comes right down to it that's exactly what you/her are implying. It's the byproduct and the fallout that comes with trying to insinuate that Matney is this uncaring, win at any or all costs, yada, yada, yada type of guy. Certainly if his parents felt that he should not be playing, it would not matter what Matney or Dennis wanted to do. Doesn't matter if he is 18 and an adult or not. I presume they still call the shots. At least that's how it works in my household. I suspect theirs is no different.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Hey, lets just tell it like it is. You/her have been making subtle pot shots about the Johnson Central program for about two weeks now. This is generally the time of year that all the Matney pot shots start coming around. You know, the inuendos, the (hope) he's gonna leave for Belfry stuff, and all of the other come to expect pre Apple Bowl jargon. Just a little more subtle right now than normal, but still not invisible. Just really unwarranted ploys and shots. Nobody from JC has done anything remotely like that to precipitate it.

When it comes right down to it that's exactly what you/her are implying. It's the byproduct and the fallout that comes with trying to insinuate that Matney is this uncaring, win at any or all costs, yada, yada, yada type of guy. Certainly if his parents felt that he should not be playing, it would not matter what Matney or Dennis wanted to do. Doesn't matter if he is 18 and an adult or not. I presume they still call the shots. At least that's how it works in my household. I suspect theirs is no different.

You hit the nail on the head with this post Kimball. We as Eagle fans shouldn't expect anything different from this family though. They live for this stuff but I'll tell you this though our boys will know everything that has been said by these two and a couple of others on here and it'll make the game much more enjoyable for our fans. I just wonder how there head coach Kinner feels about them getting on here and stirring?
Coach Booth Wrote:You hit the nail on the head with this post Kimball. We as Eagle fans shouldn't expect anything different from this family though. They live for this stuff but I'll tell you this though our boys will know everything that has been said by these two and a couple of others on here and it'll make the game much more enjoyable for our fans. I just wonder how there head coach Kinner feels about them getting on here and stirring?

LOL all i can say is here kity, kity, kity.
Dennis Dillon is a player, end of story.........the kid knows what is at stake but he also loves his team and loves the game. To me i commend him for bain a warrior and fightin threw the pain to play it would be so easy to just say ok it hurts im done but hes still fightin to do what he loves. Thats playing football! I take my hat off to him.........!
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Sheew, I can imagine the relieve you now must feel, now that you know.

I happen to know and like Dillon. I believe he's a fine athlete. I hoped my post would have helped shut down this thread. I didn't want to see his name associated with "talk".... but thanks there Hank.
Lisa Douglas Wrote:I happen to know and like Dillon. I believe he's a fine athlete. I hoped my post would have helped shut down this thread. I didn't want to see his name associated with "talk".... but thanks there Hank.

Cuse me, but it's blatantly obvious what your intentions were, and that was to portrait Matney as how that I previously mentioned. Double 'cuse me for not buying into the caring of the well being of the player in question. I suspect a different motive.
nope... you're wrong. So stop it. my son and Dennis went to school together for a year when they were younger. I have stated I like the kid & am respectful of his talents (and abilities) this thread is about the kid... heck, I was just reading thru and thought it might have an update... when I saw where it might be headed, I hoped it would just "stop"... guess I should have just logged off and forgotten about it.
This thread is off topic(johnson Central) and is going to end up getting someone suspended before it is over so I am doing some folks a favor....CLOSED