Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dale Jr.?
Does he need to lose tony jr?
IMO...yes, Tony Jr. destroyed any chance of winning that they had at the Glen...there was no reason for him to keep Jr. on the track that long...I have never been a fan of Tony Jr.
Call Me The Breeze Wrote:Does he need to lose tony jr?

In short yes. I didnt think it was a good idea when he went with Dale JR to Hendrick. Before all the JR haters get on here and start spewing their inbred venom. Tony Jr cannot adjust a race car during a race to save his life. JR gives him good feedback on what the car is doing but when the first pit stop rolls around he always finds a way to make the car worse with the adjustments he makes. Not to mention the last 2 weeks hes knocked the team out of good finishes. He pitted JR too early at Pocono and he ran out of gas on the last lap while running in the top 5 then last week he made the most bone headed move Ive seen a crew chief make in a while. I thought it was funny when Andy Petree did everything did everything but call Tony Jr a moron for keeping JR on the track during the ESPN broadcast on Sunday. Dale Jarrett just came out and said plainly that Tony Jr cost this team a win. So thats a top 5 and a win hes knocked JR out of in 2 weeks. How long do you think Rick Hendrick is going to put up with that? My dream scenario is that after the season Hendrick reaches in those deep pockets of his and goes after Greg Zippadeli since Zippy isnt joining smoke at Stewart-Haas. IMO that would be a match made in heaven.
In short, No. As long as Tony Jr. is the crew chief for Jr., we won't have to see him in victory lane.

That's for you Hail Pikeville. Smile
BCF4L Wrote:In short, No. As long as Tony Jr. is the crew chief for Jr., we won't have to see him in victory lane.

That's for you Hail Pikeville. Smile
I appreciate it LOL! At least we do agree that Tony Jr is holding him back. I bet its gonna hurt you bad to see Zippy on JRs pit box next year isnt it?
Zippy will stay to coach Logano, but it is going to be painful not seeing Zippy with Smoke.
Tony Jr. strikes again. Dale Jr was putting a half a second a lap on the field to begin the race Sunday, but I wasn't excited. I knew that as soon as Tony Jr got his hands on that car he'd find a way to mess it up and sure enough by the half way point of the race, the leaders were putting a half second a lap on JR. Hendrick needs to do something.
I think that it might be time for this. I think that they need to send Tony Jr. to Mark Martin next year and give Jr. Steve Latart, Gordon needs some change to and bring the crew chief from the #5 car over to Jeff's team. I think this would help that whole organization. IMO
PHS#1 Wrote:I think that it might be time for this. I think that they need to send Tony Jr. to Mark Martin next year and give Jr. Steve Latart, Gordon needs some change to and bring the crew chief from the #5 car over to Jeff's team. I think this would help that whole organization. IMO
No this was tried before at DEI and it just turned into a soap opera. If Tony Jr is asked to step down JR will give him a job at JR motorsports on one of his Nationwide teams. Zippy has annouced hes staying at Gibbs so my #1 choice is out for JR. My next choice and one that might actually be better for JR now that I think about it is Jimmy Fennig. The guys led alot of drivers to wins and Kurt Busch to a championship. JR has never had a wily old veteran crew cheif with the talent that Jimmy brings to the table. If this guy could put up with Kurt Buschs mouth enough to lead him to a championship surely he can do the same for JR who is nowhere near as mouthy.
Tony Jr needs to go along with the crew.
rallo316 Wrote:Tony Jr needs to go along with the crew.
The crew is fine. Its like I told a guy at the race the other day. Jr is a championship caliber driver, he has a championship caliber crew, and championship caliber equipment. His only problem is hes got a Craftsman Truck series caliber crew chief.