Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg Job
The job is open, many have shown interest but only a few have applied for the job.
From what I've heard, here are the names that have applied...

Rick Hughes
Zeth Shepherd
Randy Tincher

I'd like to see a younger guy get hired that can relate to the kids better and someone that has much desire for the sport. Randy Tincher seems like the best for the job thats applied, but I heard that Justin Arms is interested so I'd like to see him get the job also.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:From what I've heard, here are the names that have applied...

Rick Hughes
Zeth Shepherd
Randy Tincher

I'd like to see a younger guy get hired that can relate to the kids better and someone that has much desire for the sport. Randy Tincher seems like the best for the job thats applied, but I heard that Justin Arms is interested so I'd like to see him get the job also.
Randy is a first class guy as well.
Looking at the 3 listed, I would think that Randy Tincher is the best man for the job. He has a strong desire to see the Prestonsburg program go forward.
Would like to see Justin Arms name on that list. Would be a good one as well.
Randy Tincher is a top notch guy. He loves the Prestonsburg program, and would love to see it succeed. He is very knowledgeable when it comes to baseball as well. I would choose him if it were left up to me.
Several of you said earlier in your post that you don't need another coach that will only stay a couple of years, Tincher's son will be a junior or senior next year. This would leave you searching for another coach in one or two years because his son will be lost to graduation!!!!!!
Justin would be a great choice for Pburg, and trust me when I say this, he is very interested.
Tincher's son will be graduating in 2010. But I know for a fact that he would love to continue coaching after his son graduates. He wants to be there for the long haul. He told me he would love to see a Middle School Program Developed.
I personally think a youthful coach with experience at the college, h.s., and jr. high level would be a good selection. Arms is very knowledgeable about the game and has stated numerous times to me that he would make the middle school program and an off-season conditioning program (along with fall ball if they can get the numbers) priority #1. I believe that he and Tincher realize the program only goes as far as it's feeder system and there is potential at Prestonsburg....hopefully the administration will make the right decision on whoever it may be.
After looking over the possible coaching applicants I feel that P-Burg would be making the best investment with Justin Arms. Is Arms going to come and turn P-Burg around? No, there are maybe a handful of coaches in the state that could turn the Blackcats into a year in year out winner. From my personal experience Arms will bring all he has to the table. I think Arms has maybe an average knowledge overall of the game but he is a hard worker and will demand it out of the kids. Arms will also try to get some decent coaches to help him. I think Justin will get the kids out in the weightroom to get them bigger, stronger, and faster. If Arms were to get the job I doubt you are going to ever see a region title but you might see several district titles because of their weak district. More importantly I think he will put a team out there that is fun to watch and will take pride in their play. So Justin Arms is a good choice for the job.

Also he could help the PHS Footabll team. He was an average hs player but I think he does understand the game and would be a good pick up for Coach D.
I don't know what is going on down at Prestonsburg but I know that Justin Arms has tried contacting Ted George SEVERAL times through email and phone and Mr. George has yet you return anything. Its ridiculous that you have a good YOUNG coach wanting to try and build something at Prestonsburg and the dagon principal won't even talk to him....:mad:
When will the decision be made as to who the new coach will be?
OutsideLogic Wrote:When will the decision be made as to who the new coach will be?

Its gonna have to be before school starts, IMO. Well that is if they wanna hire a coach that will teach also.
I heard a rumor that Randy Tincher was told that he will be the coach of the Prestonsburg Blackcats next year. Can anyone confirm this?
OutsideLogic Wrote:I heard a rumor that Randy Tincher was told that he will be the coach of the Prestonsburg Blackcats next year. Can anyone confirm this?

I've heard the same rumor, but I cannot confirm it.
I would say that it is a safe bet. Arms has made numerous attempts to get in contact with Ted George about applying for the position. I know that atleast 10 phone calls, 5 emails, and 3 trips to the high school to speak with Mr. George came up empty and not one single call was returned. Not very professional by the leader of a school system. Anywho, best of luck to the Blackcat baseball team...I wish them nothing but the best.
Bottom Line..
Floyd County could not care less about their baseball program.
Justin Arms would be a good hire but they would still be looking for someone next year or the next year. Untill someone in Floyd Co. says baseball is a priorty it is not going to happen. What a waste..... I have felt this way for a long time.
IRISH4 Wrote:I would say that it is a safe bet. Arms has made numerous attempts to get in contact with Ted George about applying for the position. I know that atleast 10 phone calls, 5 emails, and 3 trips to the high school to speak with Mr. George came up empty and not one single call was returned. Not very professional by the leader of a school system. Anywho, best of luck to the Blackcat baseball team...I wish them nothing but the best.
Since when has anything done by the Floyd Co. school system ever been anywhere close to being associated with being professional?

Arms will be able to do better than that vast baseball wasteland known as Prestonsburg, given time anyways. He just needs to hang in there. Marc Shephard did exactly the right thing by getting the heck out of that whole system when the opportunity came about.
Its not like they turned the program over to a horrible coach. Randy has been around all Prestonsburg sports his whole life, and he will do everything in his power to make Prestonsburg successful. I believe that the only reason why Arms wasn't contacted about the job was because it was Randy's all along.

But I wish the best for Justin, he seems to be a very good guy and really wants to coach at the high school level. He will do wonders for whoever decides to hire him in the future... best of luck Justin!
So have they already made Randy the head coach or is this just rumor right now? I know another person whom no one has mentioned that has intrest in this job and would be a much better fit and coach then anyone mentioned above.
Mr. 15th Region Wrote:So have they already made Randy the head coach or is this just rumor right now? I know another person whom no one has mentioned that has intrest in this job and would be a much better fit and coach then anyone mentioned above.

Its just a rumor as of now.

Who else is interested?