Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley '09
This thread needs to re-focus on Shelby Valley '09 not a particular summer game.
Preacher Wrote:I was in attendance during this event, and yes the refs did stop the game.

There was a post concerning the SV coach, about arguing with the refs during the game, yes he did. The one ref called a blocking foul on a SV player instead of a charge, and his reason that he expalined to the coach was the fact that the SV player was inside the circle (the NBA circle) underneath the basket (not that he wasn't set or was moving). If any of us was a coach of a high school team and a ref tried to justify a call by using NBA rules instead of high school rules, it would make any of us upset, which he did get upset.

From what I saw, it got very rough on the floor by both teams, and some parents, etc in the stands got pretty heated. Enough so that there were threats to fight one another. Honestly, it just wasn't SV fans but KCC fans as well.

The game was called, in my opinion, because of the altercations in the stands, not because of altercations between players.

After the game, I saw several players shake hands.

Its summer, what coach yells at the refs during summer ball? I was told he came off the bench and across half-court yelling at some guy that was probably reffing for free to help the college but who really cares my point is sometimes coaches acting like that give the parents and fans in the crowd the ok to go ahead and start going crazy.
TheMasterpiece Wrote:I was told he came off the bench and across half-court yelling at some guy that was probably reffing for free to help the college

The camp is also used as a camp for 15th region referees...
Another thread that members cannot keep on topic.....CLOSED