Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Griffey on Bench?
I mean this could be a big stretch and all, but Griffey has sat out the last 2 games with "General Soreness". Do you think there is any chance that the is trying to not hit 600 until he is back in Cincy? (not that he can just make it happen there).

They aren't going to be home again until next Tuesday, so it might be a stretch for me to think of something like this. Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm sure he would love to hit it in Cincy, but he won't be sitting out for a week. But then again, he is Griffey, and he has been known to miss a few games. Smile
Why not sit out? It would mean so much more to the city, the team and def him to hit #600 at home.
He's definitely not hurting the team by sitting out. They may sit him until they return to Cincinnati. But as long as it took him to go from 597 to 599, there is no guarantee he hits 600 by July.
BCF4L Wrote:He's definitely not hurting the team by sitting out. They may sit him until they return to Cincinnati. But as long as it took him to go from 597 to 599, there is no guarantee he hits 600 by July.

this is true maybe he is waiting on a trade to seattle to hit it there....Rolleyes
This is besides the point, but I get to watch Griffey and the Reds play the Red Sox this month!! :letsparty:
PHS#1 Wrote:this is true maybe he is waiting on a trade to seattle to hit it there....Rolleyes
:confused: I'm not sure I understand the sarcasm here?
Well, with Freel's injury last night, I'm sure he will be back in the lineup tonight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Guys...don't buy the conspiracy theories...he is getting older...Lord knows, I need a couple of days off every now and then....You'll understand when you get a little older.

I live in a constant state of general soreness.
Beef Wrote:I mean this could be a big stretch and all, but Griffey has sat out the last 2 games with "General Soreness". Do you think there is any chance that the is trying to not hit 600 until he is back in Cincy? (not that he can just make it happen there).

They aren't going to be home again until next Tuesday, so it might be a stretch for me to think of something like this. Smile

I said the same thing yesterday. I think it might be a possibility.