Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central's New Coach
The site based council at Pike Central hired Gary Fields to be the new girls basketball coach at Pike Central on Tuesday night.
Congrats to Gary no surprise there
Glad to see GRAY get the job.
ballcrazy Wrote:Glad to see GRAY get the job.

Info please. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has no idea who this is.
I hope he keeps them on track and as good as they have been in the past and not have a rebuilding season such as UK.
BballFan63 Wrote:Info please. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has no idea who this is.

Gary played under David Rowe back in the 90s and he is a GREAT guy. Coached both boys and girls at Mullins this past season. Where he completely turned around a boys program that in the past 2 season had only won a combine total of around 8 or less games. He assisted with Pike Central's boys team this past season having the head duties on the Freshman games and some JV games. The guy really knows his stuff and cares about the kids. He is a hard nosed guy and will not put up with anything. IMO A+ job by Central on this pick up.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Gary played under David Rowe back in the 90s and he is a GREAT guy. Coached both boys and girls at Mullins this past season. Where he completely turned around a boys program that in the past 2 season had only won a combine total of around 8 or less games. He assisted with Pike Central's boys team this past season having the head duties on the Freshman games and some JV games. The guy really knows his stuff and cares about the kids. He is a hard nosed guy and will not put up with anything. IMO A+ job by Central on this pick up.

Thanks for the information; I wish him the best of luck.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Gary played under David Rowe back in the 90s and he is a GREAT guy. Coached both boys and girls at Mullins this past season. Where he completely turned around a boys program that in the past 2 season had only won a combine total of around 8 or less games. He assisted with Pike Central's boys team this past season having the head duties on the Freshman games and some JV games. The guy really knows his stuff and cares about the kids. He is a hard nosed guy and will not put up with anything. IMO A+ job by Central on this pick up.

A little off subject but 2 years ago Mullins won more than 8.
Congrats to Coach Fields. IMO he is a class act!!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
HawksRule Wrote:A little off subject but 2 years ago Mullins won more than 8.

lol nah thats not off subject at all, my bad they did not win many was the point, and did not do very well in Area or County play. My point is he did a great job at turning the program around which had struggled since I was in 7th grade.
BballFan63 Wrote:Thanks for the information; I wish him the best of luck.
no prob happy i could help :Thumbs:
this is a great hire by central Gary is a good guy who knows alot about b-ball and has a great personality that the kids should enjoy having as a leader... he can coach plain as that