Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 14 Lawrence County 13 FINAL
Both teams stopped deep in the others end a couple times during the game.

Lawrence was up 7 to 0 at the Half and Belfry lead 14 to 7 at the start of the 3rd.

Great game just wish we would stop shooting ourselves in the foot so much. Getting more experience and I think we're starting to get a little better.

I think we will make the playoffs and maybe win one or two.

But we should be pretty good come next year.

I sure wish I knew where Sprandlin was during this game. If he played he wasn't involved in the action much for some reason. Hope he's not hurt.

Congrats to the Pirates.

Belfry has now won 3 and the last five between the two. They won by two at Lawrence County last year with LC insde the Pirate ten yard line and this year win by one after being stopped on the two point conversion.
Took alot guts to go for two. But i would have done the same thing.

Congratulations to both teams. You hate to see a loser in game like this :!:
BTW, Very nice updates CD. 8)
I know what you mean. Looks like we might be getting things turned around a just a little. This is a good game for our mostly young team to gain a lot of experience.

I guess we have CTD and Pike County Central next week. Maybe we can get back to .500. Cry
No problem on the updates. Since I didn't get to make it to the game its the next best thing. Makes you concentrate to the game a little more almost like your there.

In other words my family won't have nothing to do with me when I'm watching or listening to sports so it makes me feel like I'm talking to someone about it. Smile Smile Smile
CatDawg Wrote:No problem on the updates. Since I didn't get to make it to the game its the next best thing. Makes you concentrate to the game a little more almost like your there.

In other words my family won't have nothing to do with me when I'm watching or listening to sports so it makes me feel like I'm talking to someone about it. Smile Smile Smile

:lol: I understand were u coming from CD.

I bet BP was bitting his nails when they went for two. Smile Smile
And was going crazy Confusedhock: when they stopped Lawrence.

I just hope we keep the series going for several more years. Turning into a heck of a rival game.
This was a very close game. But in reality...Belfry should've won by at least 2 touchdowns. Belfry fumbled 3 times within the Lawerence County 30 yard line in the first half..and a few more in the 2nd. Lawerence County fumbled a few times too. I was impressed with Lawerence..they played very well for their size..their quarterback was little..but he was a gamer...I believe I would've went for overtime myself..but Lawerence wanted the win..can't fault anybody for that. Great way for the Pirates to get the first win in their new stadium. And Belfry did attempt to through a few times...so things are looking up all over...GO PIRATES!
Congratulations to Belfry..
both teams didnt play very well,as expected, but man what a show! its easy to coach from the stands but i swear if i was going for 2 i belive i would have rolled the quarterback out of the pocket, but hey im not complaining. it was a tough loss for lawrence they really had the momentum going in to the half but the pirates came out in the third fired up and turned it around! congrats to the pirates and great job defensively by matt dotson several big tackles and forced a huge fumble.
Mr. I since you were there I was wondering if you knew if Sprandlin for Lawrence County played. He has to be the best all around player for the Dawgs and had been playing QB, RB and WR this year but I never heard his name called on the air tonight. Just wondering if you had any info. Thanks
Congrats on the win Belfry
Quality win for Belfry..I knew it was going to be close and pretty low scorign and that turnovers would play a major role.

If Belfry can shore up their fumbilitis this team will be very, very good on offense. This is twice now that they have ran the ball extremely well to shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers. I thought our offense looked pretty solid aside from the fumbles, especially considering that a couple of players did not play.

LC, as always, played the Pirates tough and showed alot of grit. Had Spradlin played they probably would have came away with the victory, and had they not also suffered the turnover bug things also may have been different. At this point in time these two teams are evenly matched... by seasons end Belfry will be a slightly better team, but the Bulldogs will still be a solid football squad.
I know I would've much rather spent my money on that game than the Pikeville/Prestonsburg game last night. It would've cost me a lot more because the price of gas up here :evil:
CatDawg Wrote:Mr. I since you were there I was wondering if you knew if Sprandlin for Lawrence County played. He has to be the best all around player for the Dawgs and had been playing QB, RB and WR this year but I never heard his name called on the air tonight. Just wondering if you had any info. Thanks
never seen him all night cd, how did you feel about the call to go for 2
Due to the experience of our kicking game that we've never had before this year and Spranlin being the normal kicker and playing at Belfry I would have gone for two also to try and get the win and get out of Dodge. But a tie and a chance to win in overtime sure would have been nice.
Congrats Pirates!
The game was a great one in the second half. Both teams realy struggled in the first half. Belfry needs to stop the silly mistakes and they will be just fine. Our defense really steped up big time for us. I was really impressed on how this young Belfry team never gave up when Lawrence had the momentum in the later stages of the fourth quarter. It was a great game played by both teams yet again. It's always a battle when these two teams play each other. I wish Lawrence County the best of luck the rest of the season.

Congrats to my Pirates for the big W, our first one on our new field.

QQ, I was really biting nails on that 2 pt. conversion attempt... Cap_PDT_0: Smile