Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey Thacker New East Ridge Head Coach
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:well it looks like with the bentley situation and all the media surrounding that mr.thacker has backed out, at least that is the word on the street.

Well this is the first Iv heard of this, and I seriously doubt the Bentley situation will have anything to do with deciding not to come back to ER.
i hope that this aint true this would be awful,the kids were really liking the new style of play and like coah thacker they were all excited about this year to.I dont see this being a reason for him not returning.
I have heard that he actually has in fact resigned due to his wife getting a principle job.
Coach Cline Wrote:I have heard that he actually has in fact resigned due to his wife getting a principle job.

He was never HIRED!! facts!!
warriorpride Wrote:Well this is the first Iv heard of this, and I seriously doubt the Bentley situation will have anything to do with deciding not to come back to ER.

I would imagine seeing the lack of support from the administration had a little to do with it.
I heard a couple guys from across the state line where heading that way from Grundy.......any body else heard this....
Word is Thacker is back @ Franklin County and will be coaching WRs....I think Ledford called most of the offense there anyway.
footballnut Wrote:I heard a couple guys from across the state line where heading that way from Grundy.......any body else heard this....

I heard that months before Branham even got canned. I will garuntee this though, ER will do everything in its power to make sure they hire the right "buddy" for the job!!! The next coach will definitely be an assett to the administration or board member involved!!:mad:

It will be interesting to see if they even re-post it. they haven't legitamately INTERVIEWED for a coaching position in about 3 years
xwarrior Wrote:I heard that months before Branham even got canned. I will garuntee this though, ER will do everything in its power to make sure they hire the right "buddy" for the job!!! The next coach will definitely be an assett to the administration or board member involved!!:mad:

It will be interesting to see if they even re-post it. they haven't legitamately INTERVIEWED for a coaching position in about 3 years

I was just talking to a friend and he mentioned that it is posted on the KHSAA website.
Yea, they did post the job on the KHSAA. Its to my understanding the ER admins have someone in line to take the job over.
warriorpride Wrote:Yea, they did post the job on the KHSAA. Its to my understanding the ER admins have someone in line to take the job over.

You mean JC has someone in line.......................
So, anyone heard anything on who might be the next Head Coach once again at East Ridge? Any frontrunners?
xwarrior Wrote:I heard that months before Branham even got canned. I will garuntee this though, ER will do everything in its power to make sure they hire the right "buddy" for the job!!! The next coach will definitely be an assett to the administration or board member involved!!:mad:

Maybe they should be interviewing a spelling teacher.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Maybe they should be interviewing a spelling teacher.

If that spelling teacher can coach than maybe they should. But really from what iv heard Joey Thacker WILL NOT be the Warrior Football coach for 2008. This one needs to be closed.