Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell Phone Question?
I have Appalachian Wireless cell phone service which I love. It's the best if you live where I do. But anyways, I was looking at some new phones and I really like the IPHONE but from every one I looked at said i could just plug my sim card in and it would work fine. Well If Im not mistaken appalachian dosen't use sim cards do they? If not would the phone still work?
uhmm no They have to be programmed( app phones) .BCF4L can tell u more, send him a pm..But im sure they wont work
As far as I am aware the Iphone is exclusive to AT&T also. I don't think they have released one that is capable of working with any other carrier.
I think iPhones are only for At&t too. They take their own sim card... not one you use in another phone. I love my iPhone though... it's been my favorite yet.
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:I think iPhones are only for At&t too. They take their own sim card... not one you use in another phone. I love my iPhone though... it's been my favorite yet.

I heard that it was pretty hard to use. Something about how the keys were hard to us or something.
bluegrassballa Wrote:I heard that it was pretty hard to use. Something about how the keys were hard to us or something.

I think it's pretty easy to use... and the internet is really fast to be on a phone.
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:I think it's pretty easy to use... and the internet is really fast to be on a phone.

I would have to agree.

They do actually have an unlocked version of the Iphone out there. It is my understanding that they have developed a SIM tray that will allow you to put your SIM into an unlocked phone. I know that won't work with APP because they don't use SIM's but any other provider should work.
You can always find someone to unlock the phone. That may be hard to do, but they can be unlocked and used on any type of carrier.
launchpad4 Wrote:You can always find someone to unlock the phone. That may be hard to do, but they can be unlocked and used on any type of carrier.

They can only be used with carriers that use SIM's though.
There is no way possible to use an IPhone on Appalachian Wireless' network. I phones are programmed for only GSM and there is no way to "hack" a phone in order to switch technology.
The iphone is A&T only.
airball3 Wrote:The iphone is A&T only.

I IPhone has been hacked and no is available on Ebay in an unlocked for to use with any carrier that uses a SIM card.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll...category0=
launchpad4 Wrote:You can always find someone to unlock the phone. That may be hard to do, but they can be unlocked and used on any type of carrier.

Ace Of Spades:letsparty
Midee1 Wrote:I IPhone has been hacked and no is available on Ebay in an unlocked for to use with any carrier that uses a SIM card.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll...category0=
Which means someone can only use it on T-Mobile, as those are the only two "GSM only" service provided.
BCF4L Wrote:Which means someone can only use it on T-Mobile, as those are the only two "GSM only" service provided.

Can you explain. I'm lost. Are you saying that the unlocked Iphone can only be used on AT&T and T mobile?
Midee1 Wrote:Can you explain. I'm lost. Are you saying that the unlocked Iphone can only be used on AT&T and T mobile?
Major companies will "lock" all of their exclusive phones to where it will only work on their network. They program a code into it to where no one can take it to another company to have it hooked up. Now, AT&T and T-Mobile are both GSM Networks. They both use SIM cards. There is no way to be able to convert a GSM phone to a CDMA (Verizon, Alltel, Appalachian Wireless, ETC.) phone. So, in other words, when this kid unlocked the IPhone, all he was able to do was make it work with both AT&T and T-Mobile since they are the only 2 GSM only companies. It's kinda hard to explain, but I hope you understand what I just said. LOL