Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which East Kentucky Teams will end up in the Coach's Poll
Basketball is finally over, so everyone can now focus their attention on God's sport, baseball. So who does everybody think will be the Eastern Kentucky teams that will end up in the coach's poll before the season is out. There is already two with Lawrence and Boyd County's, and a whole bunch getting votes.

I'm gonna say for one Greenup and another will be Paintsville.
I agree with OMG
OMG Wrote:Basketball is finally over, so everyone can now focus their attention on God's sport.

Football hadn't started yet
HawksRule Wrote:Football hadn't started yet
NO
HawksRule Wrote:Football hadn't started yet

Haha your funny. Everybody knows baseball is God's sport. He made it first before football. I do like football, but it's baseball season, and i'm pumped about it.
Bell County
Corbin
North Laurel
Powell County
Perry Central
Paintsville
Lawrence County
Greenup County
Boyd County

*All will probably receive votes throughout the season, and could move in and out of the top 25 due to recent success.
Lawrence Co. and Paintsville and Johnson Central
BaseballMan Wrote:Bell County
Corbin
North Laurel
Powell County
Perry Central
Paintsville
Lawrence County
Greenup County
Boyd County

*All will probably receive votes throughout the season, and could move in and out of the top 25 due to recent success.

I heard the 13th was down this year? Which one of the three from the 13th you've listed has the best shot at winning the region?
The 13th is down compared to having the South Laurel or Corbin teams that are tops in the state, however, it's still a very tough region with a variety of teams that are capable of winning.

North Laurel has to be the early favorite.
Corbin is questionable, but is certainly as good as any team eastern KY.
Bell County will most likely surge this year with a lot of returning players and a new coach.
Middlesboro is down for Middlesboro but still as tough as any team around.

My pick to win though -- it's really too tough to call. It could be one of any of these teams.
Powell, Estill, and PCC will probably recieve votes from the 14th...Estill will possibly be deserving of receiving a few votes...PCC probably shouldnt...Powell will get some votes just because of there weak schedule (there record will look good)
Greenup County 18, Paintsville 10, North Laurel 6, Perry County Central 6, Corbin 2, Bell County 1, Estill County 1, Johnson Central 1.

Besides Lawrence who is ranked 23rd and Boyd County who is ranked 18th these are the other teams in Eastern Kentucky who have received votes in the pre-season. My opinion Greenup and Paintsville are the two best teams out of the ones listed here. I thought Powell would have been on here, but they must be more down this year than I expected.