Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 69 - University Heights 54 - 1st Round Sweet 16
Final
Game stats... http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/boys/swe...s01box.htm

Congrats to the Knights, I knew that they would win by about this amount.
Catholic had this game in their grasp from the get-go. They put on the 2-2-1 press and Heights couldn't break out of it. Hopson played a very horrible game, he might have had 18 points or how many ever he had, but he was lazy, not hustling and not trying on the defensive end, not a good showing by Scotty. Congrats to Catholic on the win and good luck in the second round.
Scotty Hopson's Stats: 21pts 10/19FGS 1/4FTS 9rebs 3TO'S
This game hurts Hopson, makes him look a little overrated, or to me atleast.
RavenBoy Wrote:This game hurts Hopson, makes him look a little overrated, or to me atleast.

21 points? I mean you really can't call having 21 points being a bad game.
straitupballin Wrote:21 points? I mean you really can't call having 21 points being a bad game.
How many shots did it take him to get that, on the radio it sounded alot. So your saying, if you score alot of points that your a great player?
-STAT- Wrote:Catholic had this game in their grasp from the get-go. They put on the 2-2-1 press and Heights couldn't break out of it. Hopson played a very horrible game, he might have had 18 points or how many ever he had, but he was lazy, not hustling and not trying on the defensive end, not a good showing by Scotty. Congrats to Catholic on the win and good luck in the second round.
This sums it all up for me, HOPSON OVERRATED!!
Ahh, hes gonna play D-1, don't really matter if people say he's overrated or not. The scouts have seen what they need to out of him.
RavenBoy Wrote:How many shots did it take him to get that, on the radio it sounded alot. So your saying, if you score alot of points that your a great player?

Hopson shot 10/19 & 1/4 from the free throw line. Didn't shoot that bad but he does play lazy which is what I cannot stand to see in a player that is rated as high as Hopson is. He must of had one **** of a AAU this past summer.
RavenBoy Wrote:This sums it all up for me, HOPSON OVERRATED!!

how can u say HOPSON is overrated? 21 points? that is probably the leading scorer of both teams. 9 rebounds? that is almost a double double. the number 2 shooting guard in the nation and number 7 player overall how is that "overrated"? i mean if u classify him scoring 21 points and 9 rebounds as a bad day , thats a GREAT day for sum players and just imagine him on a OK day.

*Dynasty*
Too Good Wrote:how can u say HOPSON is overrated? 21 points? that is probably the leading scorer of both teams. 9 rebounds? that is almost a double double. the number 2 shooting guard in the nation and number 7 player overall how is that "overrated"? i mean if u classify him scoring 21 points and 9 rebounds as a bad day , thats a GREAT day for sum players and just imagine him on a OK day.

*Dynasty*
Stepp and Slone does more than that every game, so whats your point?:confused:
RavenBoy Wrote:Stepp and Slone does more than that every game, so whats your point?:confused:

Stepp and Slone couldnt play with Hopson if they wanted to...Hes by far the best player in the state...
Congrats....
LothairCougar Wrote:Stepp and Slone couldnt play with Hopson if they wanted to...Hes by far the best player in the state...
OMG, Im sorry that you really think that. He might be better than Slone or Stepp, I dont know, but I do know that he wouldnt stand a chance against Daruis Miller.
LothairCougar Wrote:Stepp and Slone couldnt play with Hopson if they wanted to...Hes by far the best player in the state...

So, he is better than Darius Miller?
I watched Hopson & Miller go head to head at the Fast Lane Classic @ Sheldon Clark in the preseason and Miller scored 41 compared to Hopson's 18.

Miller is most defiantly better than Hopson... All Hopson can do is dunk and block a few shots... He is overrated.
The only thing i will say is that they won the ST and LC put it on them with what people are saying are D-I players so if they can beat the all A winner like this then what will that mean? I know you can not compare but what if?
Hate to see UHA go down this earily in the tournament. I would have like to see Ranhy McCoy back and doing well in the sweet 16

Landon Slone put up 25 points against UHA earlier this year and his teammate, 6'2" Shane Grimm put up like 27 playin MAN TO MAN against Hopson on BOTH ends of the floor, Hopson had like 15 points. Landon also put up 22-24 points against Lex Cath earlier in the year. As for Hopson bein the best player in the state, get real. Ask Darius Miller how good Hopson was when Miller put up 41 against him Rolleyes .
Too Good Wrote:how can u say HOPSON is overrated? 21 points? that is probably the leading scorer of both teams. 9 rebounds? that is almost a double double. the number 2 shooting guard in the nation and number 7 player overall how is that "overrated"? i mean if u classify him scoring 21 points and 9 rebounds as a bad day , thats a GREAT day for sum players and just imagine him on a OK day.

*Dynasty*

Number 2 shootin gaurd in the nation, where did you get that info from. Hopson can't shoot outside of 8-10 ft. I've said it ever since I watched him the All "A", he is OVERRATED. Alot of people on here blasted me, but oh how the tables have turned. I've said it a million times, all he can do is dunk and block a few shots here and there, and now people are agreein with me.
Congrats Lexington Catholic
They must have something in the water in Hazard.