Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville vs. Shelby Valley?
gymrat Wrote:Those shots won't fall for the Tigers in the 4TH quarter. Shelby Valley's pressure will take it's toll on the 6 that play for the Tigers. Their legs will be gone come the 4TH.

Don't see that happenin. They played back to back to back games in Richmond and that Semi-Final game against UHA was their best one of all. Bardstown pressed them the entire 4th quarter in the quartefinals and IMO are much quicker than SV.
Redneck Wrote:Don't see that happenin. They played back to back to back games in Richmond and that Semi-Final game against UHA was their best one of all. Bardstown pressed them the entire 4th quarter in the quartefinals and IMO are much quicker than SV.

Bardstown is very quick. I seen that game as well. Very good game by the Tigers. You have to think to Bardstown is 20-7 and top 3 in the 5th region. Has a very good chance of winning that region as well. They beat the #1 team in the 5th region, Adair County, by 13 points 57-44, only two weeks ago. Paintsville has played some great competition and held their own in every aspect. I look for them to win when they get to Rupp as well.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Well I guess Jacob Bryant, one of the best passers and lane penetrators in the region doesn't matter to you? Just playin, I know you forgot him.

Yeah, that was my bad!!!!! I don't know how I forgot him. I've been really impressed with Bryant the two games I've seen Valley play. But I'd guess, he'd get the matchup with Slone in the way I broke it down. And I'd give the nod to Slone in that one on one matchup. Paintsville taking 3 of the 5 with Slone, Grimm, and Murray being the better, buts that's just my look on if they matched up man on man, with no other contributing factors. But of course, we all know, that there are a lot that plays in effect with two teams as evenly matched as these two, and it being this time of the season from: who's shots are falling, how the refs are calling, who's making the proper substitutions, who's chemistry is where it should be and so on...... So who knows! Again I'll add my best of luck to both teams and the region as a whole. And Whoever is cutting down the nets when the horn sounds at around 9:00 on Tuesday, represent the 15th well!!!!!!!!!!!!
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Yeah, that was my bad!!!!! I don't know how I forgot him. I've been really impressed with Bryant the two games I've seen Valley play. But I'd guess, he'd get the matchup with Slone in the way I broke it down. And I'd give the nod to Slone in that one on one matchup. Paintsville taking 3 of the 5 with Slone, Grimm, and Murray being the better, buts that's just my look on if they matched up man on man, with no other contributing factors. But of course, we all know, that there are a lot that plays in effect with two teams as evenly matched as these two, and it being this time of the season from: who's shots are falling, how the refs are calling, who's making the proper substitutions, who's chemistry is where it should be and so on...... So who knows! Again I'll add my best of luck to both teams and the region as a whole. And Whoever is cutting down the nets when the horn sounds at around 9:00 on Tuesday, represent the 15th well!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Jake won't be on Slone, that will be Elisha.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Well Jake won't be on Slone, that will be Elisha.
Still I give the edge to Slone. Regardless of who will be on him.JMO
gymrat Wrote:Those shots won't fall for the Tigers in the 4TH quarter. Shelby Valley's pressure will take it's toll on the 6 that play for the Tigers. Their legs will be gone come the 4TH.

I dont think SV will wear down the Tigers LOL. Paintsville runs the fast break the whole game! They are in very good shape and with all the hills BMR has them do at practice I'm 100 % possitve their legs will not be gone.
Will be a very large crowd at the expo center if they meet in the semi finals. I like P-ville by 3 in OT.
Redneck Wrote:Don't see that happenin. They played back to back to back games in Richmond and that Semi-Final game against UHA was their best one of all. Bardstown pressed them the entire 4th quarter in the quartefinals and IMO are much quicker than SV.

Shelby Valley will press the entire game! Shelby Valley will be much quicker than Paintsville, and it's their speed that will get the Tigers in the end. I'm saying that those shots from the outside, that Paintsville has depended on all year, will be harder to fall come the 4TH quarter against Shelby Valley.
Most of the teams that Paintsville has played wanted to slow down the tempo and pace of the game. Shelby Valley on the other hand will push the tempo and pace. It will be a very fast pace game and that will be in Shelby Valley's favor. It should be a very fun game to watch.
I don't want it to sound like I am taking anything away from Paintsville, they have a very good team. This is just my opinion and take on what could happen.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Everyone says this, and it's the doggone truth, what has this group of Paintsville boys won together other than some games and a district title or two?

pc you know grow up S.V is not as good as paintsville this year and you will find out monday night Cool
I believe, if this matchup happens, it will no doubt be the best game in the tournament, and will be an "instant classic" in the 15th Region.
Both teams are top notch quality teams. It's a shame they will meet in the semis, instead of the finals.
The winner of this game is Rupp bound. Either way, I believe the 15th will be represented well in Lexington.
gymrat Wrote:Shelby Valley will press the entire game! Shelby Valley will be much quicker than Paintsville, and it's their speed that will get the Tigers in the end. I'm saying that those shots from the outside, that Paintsville has depended on all year, will be harder to fall come the 4TH quarter against Shelby Valley.
Most of the teams that Paintsville has played wanted to slow down the tempo and pace of the game. Shelby Valley on the other hand will push the tempo and pace. It will be a very fast pace game and that will be in Shelby Valley's favor. It should be a very fun game to watch.
I don't want it to sound like I am taking anything away from Paintsville, they have a very good team. This is just my opinion and take on what could happen.

Nice Said!!:thumpsup:
gymrat Wrote:Shelby Valley will press the entire game! Shelby Valley will be much quicker than Paintsville, and it's their speed that will get the Tigers in the end. I'm saying that those shots from the outside, that Paintsville has depended on all year, will be harder to fall come the 4TH quarter against Shelby Valley.
Looks good to me :Thumbs:

Both times i have watched Shelby Valley play they did not push the tempo. They played half court offenise, and two man pressed. Paintsville pushes the ball the whole game how can you even say you give the edge to Valley in a fast pace game?! I know its your opion and sorry to bash on it, but IMO and if you have ever seen Paintsville play they love to run the whole game, thats how they score most their points, and wear out the opponent, and thats why coaches try to slow the tempo down when they play the tigers. :Thumbs:
Redneck Wrote:Where doin poems now OMG, lol, let's see what I can come up with.

They're gonna step it up
and finally go to Rupp
look at that Tiger Blue
they are coached by a man
with a ring on his hand
and he's lookin for number two

the team is led
by two red heads
shane grimm and landon slone
great passes by blake
murray leadin break
watch out JD's in the zone

we're gonna cut down the nets
put all the hype to a rest
and hold that trophy up
Coach Runyon's last hoorah
coachin Tiger ball
finishin his career at RUPP...

Awesome poem!! I'm a huge Valley fan but it would take me a long time to come up with something that good! I've never seen Paintsville play but I have heard so many wonderful things about them. If we do meet up in the championship game I wish both teams the best of luck. I'm sure they are all fine young men and will all play their hearts out!
mama cat Wrote:Awesome poem!! I'm a huge Valley fan but it would take me a long time to come up with something that good! I've never seen Paintsville play but I have heard so many wonderful things about them. If we do meet up in the championship game I wish both teams the best of luck. I'm sure they are all fine young men and will all play their hearts out!

no championship game for them, they will meet in the semi finals
mama cat Wrote:Awesome poem!! I'm a huge Valley fan but it would take me a long time to come up with something that good! I've never seen Paintsville play but I have heard so many wonderful things about them. If we do meet up in the championship game I wish both teams the best of luck. I'm sure they are all fine young men and will all play their hearts out!

lol, thanks. I was an English major at PC for one semester, then I changed it when I seen all the literature classes I was gonna have to take, lol.

As for the game, I can tell ya this much. These two teams match up very well and it will be a game for the ages. I think it will come down to free throws.