Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th vs. 7th
It looks like the 15th has the 7th in the first round down state. What are all 7th Region teams that are coming from their districts?
Dupont Manual (District winner)
Male
Eastern
Jefferstown
Ballard (District winner)
Seneca
Atherton
Moore (District winner)
Thanks.
Shelby Valley has already proven they can beat Male, and they played J-town really good and only lost by 5. IMO if SV or Paintsville comes out of the 15th, then we have a good chance of winning this game.
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:Shelby Valley has already proven they can beat Male, and they played J-town really good and only lost by 5. IMO if SV or Paintsville comes out of the 15th, then we have a good chance of winning this game.

I agree.
I agree with PhiSlamaJama#12 that the 15th has a good chance of winning! I just hope that it is the boys from Valley and not the Paintsville Tigers!
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:Shelby Valley has already proven they can beat Male, and they played J-town really good and only lost by 5. IMO if SV or Paintsville comes out of the 15th, then we have a good chance of winning this game.

I agree, but they will have to play flawless basketball with little to no turnovers. It looks really good too because Jeffersontown is currently ranked 2nd in that region, and for Shelby Valley to play them that close then we have a great shot.
I think the 15th has a good shot, but I think Valley would be better against the 7th because they have the big bodies who could bang in the paint.
It will be very hard for either Paintsville or SV to win against the 7th winner, but they can do it. It will just take a very good game and the right strategy though. Anyone else that would somehow luck out and win the 15th wouldn't stand a chance.
This definitely does not need to turn into some backward attempt at yet another Valley versus Paintsville discussion.... we have enough of those LOL
PHS95 Wrote:This definitely does not need to turn into some backward attempt at yet another Valley versus Paintsville discussion.... we have enough of those LOL
:thumpsup: I agree with you there! lol
EKY Sportster Wrote:It will be very hard for either Paintsville or SV to win against the 7th winner, but they can do it. It will just take a very good game and the right strategy though. Anyone else that would somehow luck out and win the 15th wouldn't stand a chance.

I understand what your saying, but not every team in the 7th relies that much on big men. Some of the teams in the 7th region are more the run and gun type. So really it just depends on who wins to see which one would match up better. Right now you can't make the assumption, that no matter who wins the 7th, Shelby Valley will be the best bet, because there will be some teams and alot of teams that Paintsville matches up with better.
EKY Sportster Wrote::thumpsup: I agree with you there! lol

Glad someone does LOL

It seems that every thread that attempts to discuss anything 15th region related turns into valley versus ville..... I'm ready to see what the tournament brings....

As far as match-ups go..... our region is fairly strong this year, but I am uncertain as to how that translates against other teams that are perennially strong.... I would hope that we could have a strong showing in the sweet sixteen, though!
OMG Wrote:I understand what your saying, but not every team in the 7th relies that much on big men. Some of the teams in the 7th region are more the run and gun type. So really it just depends on who wins to see which one would match up better. Right now you can't make the assumption, that no matter who wins the 7th, Shelby Valley will be the best bet, because there will be some teams and alot of teams that Paintsville matches up with better.

:confused: Not me that said Valley would match up better! lol

I think that it depends on who wins the 7th and I think that Paintsville or Valley can give them a game.
EKY Sportster Wrote::confused: Not me that said Valley would match up better! lol

I think that it depends on who wins the 7th and I think that Paintsville or Valley can give them a game.

My bad I clicked on the wrong one.
If I was the 7th and I kept up with how good BOTH these teams are in the 15th. I'd probably be down at least two to three points at the tip off.
With this game being on a neutral court (actually a little better for the 7th region) I would say that they game will most likely go to the Louisville representative. Both Valley and Paintsville have a good shot of beating them but for valley it would depend on how the officating would be and Paintsville would HAVE to shoot the lights out. Still either team should provide for a competive game.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:With this game being on a neutral court (actually a little better for the 7th region) I would say that they game will most likely go to the Louisville representative. Both Valley and Paintsville have a good shot of beating them but for valley it would depend on how the officating would be and Paintsville would HAVE to shoot the lights out. Still either team should provide for a competive game.

I would say your right, either case both teams would have to play the best game they've ever played so far this season...