Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 64 East Ridge 40
Final from the district tournament.

Valley was on fire early from the 3 point line and ER had to go man to man. Laura had a great game, as did Amanda and Mini K.

Good luck on Thursday!
Once they forced East Ridge out of the zone, and opened up the fullcourt pressure...the game was over. Coach Spears has often referred to the youth of his ball club...I can promise you, SV isn't much older. Coach Rowe and Coach Alvin have done a tremendous job preparing these girls for the road ahead. Perkins (playing with a touch of the flu), Cantrell, Sawyers, Salinas, Tackett, Coleman, and most importantly Kayla Smallwood came to play. Smallwood beat the Lady Warrior defense down the floor on a number of occasions for easy baskets. If Courtney Smallwood, and obviously Sally Roberts, were healthy the Lady Wildcats could be the team in the region to beat. As is, they have a legitimate shot at winning the big show! I look forward to watching the Lady Wildcats play at the Expo...they know what it takes to win on the big floor! Congrats to all the lady Kats, and to the best coaching staff in the region.
nice win valley now go beat pikeville and make it all the way to state!!!
bigdog Wrote:Once they forced East Ridge out of the zone, and opened up the fullcourt pressure...the game was over. Coach Spears has often referred to the youth of his ball club...I can promise you, SV isn't much older. Coach Rowe and Coach Alvin have done a tremendous job preparing these girls for the road ahead. Perkins (playing with a touch of the flu), Cantrell, Sawyers, Salinas, Tackett, Coleman, and most importantly Kayla Smallwood came to play. Smallwood beat the Lady Warrior defense down the floor on a number of occasions for easy baskets. If Courtney Smallwood, and obviously Sally Roberts, were healthy the Lady Wildcats could be the team in the region to beat. As is, they have a legitimate shot at winning the big show! I look forward to watching the Lady Wildcats play at the Expo...they know what it takes to win on the big floor! Congrats to all the lady Kats, and to the best coaching staff in the region.
Very good evaluation of this game!Congrats Valley!!!!!
Congrats Valley
good job lady cats...take it all the way to bowling green!!!
Congrats Valley!
Congrats Valley! Can't wait to see you take down P-ville tomorrow. We BELIEVE you girls are gonna go into the Winners bracket for the Region!
Good luck.
Congrats Lady Kats! Good luck in the finals on Thursday!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bigdog Wrote:Once they forced East Ridge out of the zone, and opened up the fullcourt pressure...the game was over. Coach Spears has often referred to the youth of his ball club...I can promise you, SV isn't much older. Coach Rowe and Coach Alvin have done a tremendous job preparing these girls for the road ahead. Perkins (playing with a touch of the flu), Cantrell, Sawyers, Salinas, Tackett, Coleman, and most importantly Kayla Smallwood came to play. Smallwood beat the Lady Warrior defense down the floor on a number of occasions for easy baskets. If Courtney Smallwood, and obviously Sally Roberts, were healthy the Lady Wildcats could be the team in the region to beat. As is, they have a legitimate shot at winning the big show! I look forward to watching the Lady Wildcats play at the Expo...they know what it takes to win on the big floor! Congrats to all the lady Kats, and to the best coaching staff in the region.

Great Post! I agree completely . . . great team ball played by Lady Cats!
good win to Valley
congrats cats, and good luck thursday!!!!!!