Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
60th District Play-PikeCentral vs. Piarist-Mon Feb 25
I am wondering if Mr. Butcher is going to bring his younger players to play during this game as well. But i guess he will play his starters its only right seeing that it is a District game. He will probably play some of the other younger ones that are already sitting the bench T. Blackburn, R. Williams,and Beth Howell, just to name a few. I thinl PC has this one in the bag. Go Central
I dont believe he would be able to bring up the younger girls if he wanted to because there is a limit to 15 during tournament time, And I dont believe he can.

I also believe what he has got will be just fine, They have been in the past.

The younger girls will get there chances in the future,

BEST OF LUCK CENTRAL!!!!
I didn't mean to offend you by saying that I meant the younger ones he already has on the varsity bench. It was just a thought and i am well aware of how many girls he needs or is suppose to have on the bench at tournament play so don't get uptight about it. He just doesn't need to beat this team really bad. That was all i was saying and yea if i was the coach i would play the mullins, blackburn, williams, hatmaker, and howell these girls will probaby see alot of playing time. But he will need to start his first five at first. I didn't mean to make anyone mad but this is just my opinion. Anyways Best of Luck to the Lady Hawks.
3-pointer Wrote:I didn't mean to offend you by saying that I meant the younger ones he already has on the varsity bench. It was just a thought and i am well aware of how many girls he needs or is suppose to have on the bench at tournament play so don't get uptight about it. He just doesn't need to beat this team really bad. That was all i was saying and yea if i was the coach i would play the mullins, blackburn, williams, hatmaker, and howell these girls will probaby see alot of playing time. But he will need to start his first five at first. I didn't mean to make anyone mad but this is just my opinion. Anyways Best of Luck to the Lady Hawks.

You didn't make me mad, I thought you meant the girls that are just J.V. like he played them the last time we played Piarist thats all. I would say he will play just about his whole team in this one, It would have been nice to get to see Mia Coleman, and that little Regan Clark get to play, But they will see playing time alot next yr from what I have been hearing if it is true they will be moving up to Varsity, so its all good ,
I think the whole team is good and wish them all the best who ever he plays, really don't have any picks don't want to leave out any of the 15 girls just want to see them to do well and play your hearts out LADY HAWKS....... and I am so glad you know how many is suppose to set the bench. and I am not uptight about anything just was trying to explan it to you thats all.
Know that wasn't what i was saying at all but oh well. As for any of the girls moving up i heard straight from a very reliable source that the coach has no intention on moving any of the younger girls up on varsity and that would mean the mia coleman girl as well as the regan clark girl. It was told that he already has the varsity set for next year unless someone quits or he cuts some. To me i would cut serveral of the girls that sit varsity right now and don't see much action just to make room for some of the younger girls like mia coleman, regan clark and the little fields girl they are awesome to watch and will be really good in the up coming years. But im not the coach and im glad im not.
But some of these younger girls have alot more playing time than some that has set varsity and jv for two years or more. So that get noticed and thats all that matters. And they will be good you can count on it.
Well sounds like you don't like someone................................ But I think all the girls on Varsity have talent so I don't think I would cut them ,and the younger girls will get there chances in the next few yrs, I agree with you that Coleman, Clark are really fun to watch and they will get alot of playing time next yr on varsity or jv which ever one they get to play on. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.and as far as you saying some of the jv plays more than some of the varsity does , well that stuff changes from yr to yr, so if yours played alot this season she may not play as much the next they do that alot, and we all have are picks as to who we think is better, IMO but some people just see there own kids or family and never give others any credit. It never makes someone a better player by putting someone else down.
I think all the girls on the team are great and fun to watch as for cutting some maybe and maybe not. The coach only goes so far and hardly plays any of the other girls that just sit there. But who knows by the time next year rolls around things could be different. Im glad that i only go and watch the games sometimes i have no children so im not putting any kid down so you can believe what you want i just know i would give anything to have a kid playing ball but i don't so thats why i watch occasionaly but not alot. He has enough players already and he's only losing one player so really there is no room for anyone else.
I guess we will have to wait and see what happens, Because we are both hearing stuff but it is different things so I guess time will tell, And that is true they are only losing one, so maybe he won't move nobody up, But if he does I heard it would be Coleman, because out of the girls that are on just jv he really uses her alot in some varsity practices as a guard and gets her to sub in for some of the varsity players, and he only does that with her none of the other JV girls, but time will tell
Oh and what you said about the coach only going so deep on the bench, well He goes deeper on the bench than any other coach I have seen, most only go 6 or 7 he goes 9 sometimes up to 11 in alot of games, and I think He will play alot of the girls more next yr, they all can't be starters, and look at any team around , there is always girls that don't see much playing time, but I guess they love it and they just stick it out , hoping that the next season will be better for them, I think any girl who gives up there free time and gives it everything they have at practice and when they do get in the game deserves that spot on the team.and jv and varsity are to very different things, I wonder did you play ball in high school? and if so did every girl get to play the same amount of time, just because they may not get much playing time doesn't mean they aren't any good , If coach Butcher thought they were not good enough they would not be wearing the orange and blue, and as for the jv I think they are 1 or 2 girls that play alot that are not as good as some of the others , but I will not name names because I would never hurt any of the girls feelings , because after all they are children.
geez take a break, i think we know who is gonna win this game.
yes, I guess we did get off subject, sorry
I think this post should be closed..
it's off subject, and pointless.
IMO
This Thread Should Be Closed.
Please follow all rules or it WILL be closed!

Please stay on topic...

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
pcc 42
piarist 3

half time score
pcc 56
piarist 9

end of 3rd
all lady hawks have scored
robinson from pc leads all scores with 13
Good Job Girls, You Did A Really Good Job.