Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Wins the 56th District?
With only a couple weeks left in the season what is going to happen in Powell Co this should be a great district tournment.
It is clearly Estills to lose. Just show up and play well and the neers should prevail. Unless I run the clock HaHA
I believe Estill Co will win it.
There is not as much difference between these 4 teams as their records indicate.

I'm going with the Owls and Lee in round 1, with Lee winning the district championship. I really think that Owsley and Lee are playing 'up' the last couple of weeks. Estill is stable, and Powell is playing down.

Owsley has 8 seniors who may not want to give up just yet....

jmo...
(1) Estill Co 15-10
(2) Powell Co 13-10
(3) Lee co 10-13
(4) Owsley Co 5-17
Lee and Powell should be a good one. Those two have split close games this season. Right now it's hard to say who wins this one. It's at Powell, but Lee is the more talented team. They're the only team in the district to hold their own with Hazard, almost beating them in Beattyville (1 pt loss) and losing by 13 at Hazard in a game that was closer than the final score indicates. But the tournament is at Powell, and they will defend their home floor with every fiber of their red and black clad bodies. I'm going to go with Lee, though, by 3. I think Pelfrey and Charles will be too much for the Pirates.

As for Estill and Owsley, the choo-choo guys should win. They've had no problems with the Owls in both of their season games, winning by over 20 in both. But Owsley has been playing much better lately. Estill's big weakness is they have to rely on their outside scoring too much, and in both season games with the Owls they have been dead on in shooting accuracy. But in games where that part of their game as gone south, the Engineers have looked vunerable and bad. So, if Owsley can catch them on a cold night with their perimeter game, they have a chance. Reed is senior and has been playing very well for Owsley in the past two weeks, averaging 20+ and helping McIntosh on the boards. The Owls need to stop Estill's perimeter game and exploit their interior defense. If that happens they have a chance. But I think Estill wins by 8 when all is said and done.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Lee and Powell should be a good one. Those two have split close games this season. Right now it's hard to say who wins this one. It's at Powell, but Lee is the more talented team. They're the only team in the district to hold their own with Hazard, almost beating them in Beattyville (1 pt loss) and losing by 13 at Hazard in a game that was closer than the final score indicates. But the tournament is at Powell, and they will defend their home floor with every fiber of their red and black clad bodies. I'm going to go with Lee, though, by 3. I think Pelfrey and Charles will be too much for the Pirates.

As for Estill and Owsley, the choo-choo guys should win. They've had no problems with the Owls in both of their season games, winning by over 20 in both. But Owsley has been playing much better lately. Estill's big weakness is they have to rely on their outside scoring too much, and in both season games with the Owls they have been dead on in shooting accuracy. But in games where that part of their game as gone south, the Engineers have looked vunerable and bad. So, if Owsley can catch them on a cold night with their perimeter game, they have a chance. Reed is senior and has been playing very well for Owsley in the past two weeks, averaging 20+ and helping McIntosh on the boards. The Owls need to stop Estill's perimeter game and exploit their interior defense. If that happens they have a chance. But I think Estill wins by 8 when all is said and done.

That's right, but you also need to look at underclassmen Evans and Taylor, who both have a lot of speed and can easily slip in and make the layups for Owsley, not to mention the widely talented bench that Noble has... This should be a very entertaining matchup, but I am still going for Estill... by 10 or less...
one&onlybrain Wrote:That's right, but you also need to look at underclassmen Evans and Taylor, who both have a lot of speed and can easily slip in and make the layups for Owsley, not to mention the widely talented bench that Noble has... This should be a very entertaining matchup, but I am still going for Estill... by 10 or less...
I could have written a lot more about the situation, but I believe the seniors Reed and McIntosh really have to come through for Owsley to have a chance. They are the two key players. Of course, the supporting cast, such as you have mentioned, will have to step up to the task as well.
I think Estill will win it.
This should be a very interesting tournament. Especially being at Powell where everyone supposedly gets cheated every game. But I think it will be Powell and Estill in the championship. But who knows about the winner. It could be either one. Good luck to all teams!
basketballwizz Wrote:(1) Estill Co 15-10
(2) Powell Co 13-10
(3) Lee co 10-13
(4) Owsley Co 5-17
just to add to the wizz's stats

============region ========district
Estill ----------------8 - 4 -----------------5 - 1
Lee -----------------9 - 6 -----------------4 - 2
Powell --------------3 - 5 -----------------3 - 3
Owsley -------------3 - 13 ----------------0 - 6
Powell only played two games in the region outside the district play and lost both. By Looking at the total records I think it is a close call on who wins district. Powell with home court advantadge. (worth about 10 points)
Best to all of the 56th
Estill
during tournment time anything can happen! i feel that the 56th is a toss up! i dont think it will be as cut and dry as one might think.
Estill and Powell in the finals. Estill should win a close one in the championship.
Estill Co wins overOwsley Co
Lee Co wins over Powell Co

Estill Co wins over Lee Co
Anything could happen in this district.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Anything could happen in this district.

I agree!