Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee Co 57 Magoffin 51 (OT)
We think 15th region refs are bad??? This was unreal. :mad:
Were was this game played?
LEE COUNTY I heard they had only lost 3 outta 30 on their homecourt. I can understand that.:ChairHit:
Lee Co did you do it again? Was it the clock or the ref"s again?
In overtime and Magoffin was still not in the bonus lol Yes they did run clock up 2 seconds Crazy place. I hope coach west never plays there again.:eek:
Nice win Lee County and way not to foul while playing pressure defense!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Nice win Lee County and way not to foul while playing pressure defense!
Smile Now thats funny right there!! Guess you were there?
I was not there but i was at the Estill game and you have never seen such homer calls in that one.
hornetfan Wrote:In overtime and Magoffin was still not in the bonus lol Yes they did run clock up 2 seconds Crazy place. I hope coach west never plays there again.:eek:
Me to.
Didn't get to go, but from what I heard it was a very physical game. Charles sat most of the first half due to 2 early fouls (one pt at halftime).

Again, local fans tell me that Magoffin all but used their fists. Lee missed a lot of free throws and some easy shots inside. Lee's Drake hit some big free throws in OT to ice the game.

STATS:
LEE CO. 57, MAGOFFIN CO. 51 (OT)

MAGOFFIN CO. (6-17) — Hunley 2, Francis 6,
Minix 4, Marshall 5, LeMaster 11, Sparks 14, Shepherd
LEE CO. (12-10) — Drake 6, Taulbee 5, Charles 19,
Campbell 6, Pelfrey 17, Wise 4.

Magoffin Co. . . .9 9 14 15 4—51
Lee Co. . . . . . . .9 8 19 11 10—57
Can you actually say the officials took this game from Magoffin county? The way I look at it, if the game goes to Overtime the officials didn't really have an outcome on the game. I'm sure Magoffin missed free throws, layups, easy shots, made turnovers, etc. that could of gotten them one or more points in regulation time. If a referee is going to take a game from someone, I really don't think that they will let it go to over time. They will get whoever they want to win a comfortable lead and keep it there. Didn't see this happen in this game, and I'm pretty sure if the game would of been at Magoffin county, their officials would of taken over and made sure of a Magoffin win.
ARC Wrote:Didn't get to go, but from what I heard it was a very physical game. Charles sat most of the first half due to 2 early fouls (one pt at halftime).

Again, local fans tell me that Magoffin all but used their fists. Lee missed a lot of free throws and some easy shots inside. Lee's Drake hit some big free throws in OT to ice the game.

STATS:
LEE CO. 57, MAGOFFIN CO. 51 (OT)

MAGOFFIN CO. (6-17) — Hunley 2, Francis 6,
Minix 4, Marshall 5, LeMaster 11, Sparks 14, Shepherd
LEE CO. (12-10) — Drake 6, Taulbee 5, Charles 19,
Campbell 6, Pelfrey 17, Wise 4.

Magoffin Co. . . .9 9 14 15 4—51
Lee Co. . . . . . . .9 8 19 11 10—57

Congrats Lee Co.
hornetfan Wrote:LEE COUNTY I heard they had only lost 3 outta 30 on their homecourt. I can understand that.:ChairHit:

This is true
okay..if u think the magoffin team got bad calls i dont know what your talking about...lee got beat to death...and everyone who keeps saying lee "cheats" or "run the clock up" at home are retarded..maybe lee plays better at home..and apparently all you retards need to get over that..im sure they cheated at home when they were hit with a techincal with 2 mins left and had to BATTLE for the win..or when they lost to hazard..i guess they cheated so hazard could win...u all are crazy
I thought Lee Co won lchsbobcats?
basketballwizz Wrote:I thought Lee Co won lchsbobcats?

lee did beat magoffin...but the magoffin players literally beat them to death and lee NEVER got a foul..it was ridiculous but i forgot...lee cheats according to you..i should have known we would win!!
People oversimplify and overreact. Opposing fans have never saw eye to eye.
Congrats Lee Co.
Ok im sorry i know i have no place in this conversation but im tired of hearing people talk about the clock issues or the refs doing bad... listen if your team is as good as u think they are they should overcome all odds to get the win even if the refs are against them... you have to take what the refs give you and go to work, do what you went there to do and win not tlk about the refs or the clock.
Congrats Lee Co.
No Favorites Wrote:Ok im sorry i know i have no place in this conversation but im tired of hearing people talk about the clock issues or the refs doing bad... listen if your team is as good as u think they are they should overcome all odds to get the win even if the refs are against them... you have to take what the refs give you and go to work, do what you went there to do and win not tlk about the refs or the clock.

Great post and I totally agree with you on that.
Congrats Lee Co. on a hard fought win!

I've said it once & I'll say it again "It's extremely hard for the 15th to walk into the 14th region and walk out with a win" unless you just have a dominant team. Same goes for 14th region teams coming into the 15th.

It's my opinion that Refs are not going to give calls to coaches who don't rate them. Why would they? By giving a visiting team, (from outside the region they call in) the breaks, ref's are cutting their own throat! If they go against their own region the coaches give them a poor ranking. Then they don't get to call the state tournament and they don't get to call the big games in their own region. Refs don't lose anything by calling against teams from outside their region & they lose everything by calling for teams outside their region. JMO

I'm not bashing refs this is just the way it is !!! 14th region coaches rank 14th region officials. 15th region coaches rank 15th region officials. No one is getting the breaks outside their own region.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Congrats Lee Co. on a hard fought win!

I've said it once & I'll say it again "It's extremely hard for the 15th to walk into the 14th region and walk out with a win" unless you just have a dominant team. Same goes for 14th region teams coming into the 15th.

It's my opinion that Refs are not going to give calls to coaches who don't rate them. Why would they? By giving a visiting team, (from outside the region they call in) the breaks, ref's are cutting their own throat! If they go against their own region the coaches give them a poor ranking. Then they don't get to call the state tournament and they don't get to call the big games in their own region. Refs don't lose anything by calling against teams from outside their region & they lose everything by calling for teams outside their region. JMO

I'm not bashing refs this is just the way it is !!! 14th region coaches rank 14th region officials. 15th region coaches rank 15th region officials. No one is getting the breaks outside their own region.
The bolded part is dead on. That's just the way it is. Has been since regions and referee assciations were formed. It won't change. Refs are rated by their own region's coaches, so if there is a 'doubt' call the judgement will always go to the home team, because the home coach has leverage when rating time comes. Call it unprofessional if you wish, I call it subconscious human nature.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Congrats Lee Co. on a hard fought win!

A voice of reason. What a rarity
JOBAKKA Wrote:A voice of reason. What a rarity

Hey, that's me Smile
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:The bolded part is dead on. That's just the way it is. Has been since regions and referee assciations were formed. It won't change. Refs are rated by their own region's coaches, so if there is a 'doubt' call the judgement will always go to the home team, because the home coach has leverage when rating time comes. Call it unprofessional if you wish, I call it subconscious human nature.

IMO the way refs are rank should be changed. Any game an official calls, no matter the region, that coach should be able to rate that official IMO.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:IMO the way refs are rank should be changed. Any game an official calls, no matter the region, that coach should be able to rate that official IMO.
I agree. There should be some kind of input for visiting coaches, possibly weighted in a way because of the bias nature of the rating (I mean, most coaches have a bias opinion of how a game will be called even BEFORE they enter an out of region gym). But the chance to rate still allows all coaches a say.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I agree. There should be some kind of input for visiting coaches, possibly weighted in a way because of the bias nature of the rating (I mean, most coaches have a bias opinion of how a game will be called even BEFORE they enter an out of region gym). But the chance to rate still allows all coaches a say.

I agree completely Wink a visiting coach should have some way to rate an official JMO