Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best...
blocker in the region. thoughts on this?
well in the 15th there really isnt any blockers thats oh my gosh amazing, but I guess i would have to go with the usual- paige thacker and kayla lowe from last year... this year i dont know, im sure paige as always and a couple of girls from pikeville, and at the end of the year #1 from east ridge did pretty good.
oneandonly Wrote:well in the 15th there really isnt any blockers thats oh my gosh amazing, but I guess i would have to go with the usual- paige thacker and kayla lowe from last year... this year i dont know, im sure paige as always and a couple of girls from pikeville, and at the end of the year #1 from east ridge did pretty good.

I agree.
Thacker & Lowe as usual. And PCC's other middle, Kayla Pennington??...she does a pretty good job. (i'm sure she if she will be graduating though)

Betsy Layne has a girl, I cannot remember her name, I think she was only a freshman though...She blocked well in the season, but they played JC in the regionals, she blew me away. She was blocked Conley everytime. She's pretty tall though.

South Floyd has Hamilton girl, she's about 5'8. She could be a good blocker, but she needs better timing.

And I think some middles will have some strong competition this year with Allen Central.
I'd say They don't have any girl over 5'7, but their middles impress me on how high they get up there to be so short. Both middles (Blevins #12 & one of the twins#5) did a great job last year when i have watched them. & the Jones girl she played as a right side for the Rebels, but i seen her sub in as a middle alot and she does a great job closing the middle.
PC kayla pennington will be a good blocker this year.
dont forget about meade..
and defientaly thacker from belfry
and some girl from letcher county.
Thacker--Belfry
Conley--Johnson Central
Lowe--Pike Central

All are leap or two step blockers with proper hands.
Ive watched just about all the teams play and about the best ive seen is Amber Pugh from East Ridge shes tall and has great timing
amber worked very hard last year on her blocking, and i think the game that was her turning point is the game AT pikeville about mid-season. and i know thats she is taking a weight lifting class this year so she can only get better next year.
i think betsy layne has some pretty good blockers. they have two middles that are only freshman. but they are good, & tall. i think they're both like 5'9-ish.
ilovedylan32 Wrote:i think betsy layne has some pretty good blockers. they have two middles that are only freshman. but they are good, & tall. i think they're both like 5'9-ish.

i do not ever recall betsy layne having any blocks. maybe i just wasn't at the right game.
betsy layne did have some good blockers, and if im not mistaken- didnt they double block a lot? betsy layne really stepped up their game last year in every aspect.
yeah they double blocked alot, and we're really good at it. they can only improve, and i think they will be some competition for allen central this year in the district and for everyone in region. Smile
ilovedylan32 Wrote:yeah they double blocked alot, and we're really good at it. they can only improve, and i think they will be some competition for allen central this year in the district and for everyone in region. Smile

i do not see them as competition in region. sorry. maybe i will be proved wrong.
Betsy Layne was a strong team last year, and im sure they will only improve for 2008, but I think AC will prevail over districts once again, and should even make it all the way in regions. AC's not losing anyone, so im lookin forward to watching them in the upcoming season.