Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 53, East Ridge 47
Looks like loss #3 for the Warriors. Way to go PCC!
Who was the mysterious 3rd loss for the Warriors besides Pikeville and PC and why won't they report it to the KHSAA???? They were supposedly 6-0 entering last night and 24 hours later they have 3 losses, that has to be a record!!
I think they lost to a VA or WV team in the last few days. Seems like I read it in a post on here.
According another thread- they lost to Twin Valley.
Way to go Central!!
Congrats PC
Yea that loss to Twin Valley didn't count though. They are 6-2 on the season.
Why didn't it count?
ER seems to be having trouble again. They could not handle PC's pressure late in the game. For ER it appears as if the wrong players are in the game in crucial situations taking all the shots while the better players are sitting on the bench.

Great game by PC. They kept hanging around and made something happen in the end. PC just wanted this one more.
vundy33 Wrote:Yea that loss to Twin Valley didn't count though. They are 6-2 on the season.
The only way a game wouldnt count is if it was a pre-season scrimmage. A team is only allowed 2 of those. When was this game supposed to have been played?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:The only way a game wouldnt count is if it was a pre-season scrimmage. A team is only allowed 2 of those. When was this game supposed to have been played?

Well the games AC played this week at Belfry weren't on our schedule either. Coach Martin picked them up a week or so before the Classic was played. Does that mean we don't have to count them. LOL>

A loss is a loss guys.
East Ridge is now 6-2. I did think they would have won this game against Pike Co. Central.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:East Ridge is now 6-2. I did think they would have won this game against Pike Co. Central.

So if they are 6-2, What happened to the loss to Twin Valley?
You can learn a lot of things sitting behind the score keepers. According to the lady who keeps ER's book, they were 6-2 after Pikeville game. She said they lost to Twin Valley or a team like that. BUT it isn't on the official KHSAA site as having been scheduled...

There is a limit of how many regular season games that can be played. Could ER be hiding a game? That would be way to obvious. Too many people know if the game was played and it was--ER record now 6-3.

What difference does it really make this early in the year? Why would anyone try to hide the facts...??
If its not on KHSAA then its not official...I'm still going with 6-2.
Congrats PC
Congrats Hawks!
vundy33 Wrote:If its not on KHSAA then its not official...I'm still going with 6-2.

If you played it then it counted, keep telling yourself you did not play it but you did and you lost so you are 6-3 what is the big deal, get back on the winning side soon or as in the past it could turn into a losing streak.
well ER won the first meeting between the two. As the season progresses, Coach Ratliff will have his team getting better and better, same goes for the years to come. I played football and baseball under him, he is a great guy and developes great relationships with his players.
Nonetheless, congrats PC. How did Colby Slone do?
Slone had 20 points
congrats PC, what is their record?
It seems like Pike Central can play good when they want to. If they stop arguing and play ball they could be a good team. CONGRATZ!
ive watched almost every game theyve played and ive never seen them argue...ive seem the seniors grab ahold of one of the younger players that are short on expierience and straighten them out, always ending with a pat on the back..although this could appear as arguing its is leadership..and thats what brings teams together and makes them better...with out it a team would fall completely apart...such as paintsville has in past years
Congrats Pike Central