Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best 3 pt shooter in the mountains?
The Guru Wrote:I don't really think you understood me.
I never said that being able to shoot from 25 feet made you a better 3pt shooter.
I said a thread on who has the deepest range would be better than this thread because there are to many tangibles to get a clear judgement of this thread.

Cool

If your talking about range (only) then I would probably go with Akers from SF, but shot for shot from behind the arc there are four or five others in the region that are better shooters IMO.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:IMO, that doesn't mean anything. The reason is SV's style of play. SV plays a very different style than AC, SF, or PHS. They have a very deliberate, balanced attack & Justice's main job is to run the team and distribute the ball. He is very selective (smart I should say) in his shot selection. Crum, Akers, & Hall are all good players & good shooters, but all of them take terrible shots from time to time (especially Akers) as do most players. Justice never takes a bad shot --- never! & not only that he probably doesn't take half the # of shots as those three. IMO, that matters! & that's one reason SV is the best team in the 15th and maybe Eastern KY.

Think about it for a second, just about any decent shooter could average 4 to 6 three's a game if they shot 20 to 25 of them a night & just came down the floor and fired it from 25+ feet at any time. Even I could probably do that Smile I bet Justice averages at least 2 or 3 three's a game on probably 6 to 8 attempts. Just because he hasn't taken as many 3's as some of the others doesn't mean he's not as good a shooter as any of the three you mentioned. IMO, he is a better shooter than Hall & Akers, but not Crum. Just my opinion!

There you go...It's Highlighted...i just took the possibilities out of what you said. So therefore i didn't make up any stats...I just went by what you put.
uhavenoidea Wrote:There you go...It's Highlighted...i just took the possibilities out of what you said. So therefore i didn't make up any stats...I just went by what you put.

Yeah, Elisha makes about 3 or 4 threes a game, but he doesn't take but 5 or 6 three point shots a game, so he is very accurate when he shoots.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Yeah, Elisha makes about 3 or 4 threes a game, but he doesn't take but 5 or 6 three point shots a game, so he is very accurate when he shoots.

He may be pretty accurate...but he is not a 50% or better shooter from behind the arc for an entire season...
uhavenoidea Wrote:There you go...It's Highlighted...i just took the possibilities out of what you said. So therefore i didn't make up any stats...I just went by what you put.

but you took the worst case senario --- not the best. Hey look, I don't know why you are so defensive about this topic, but can we just drop it. This is getting stupid!
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:but you took the worst case senario --- not the best. Hey look, I don't know why you are so defensive about this topic, but can we just drop it. This is getting stupid!

I didnt take the worst case scenario...I took what you said and just put all the possibilities.
uhavenoidea Wrote:I didnt take the worst case scenario...I took what you said and just put all the possibilities.

Yes you did :p
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:IMO, that doesn't mean anything. The reason is SV's style of play. SV plays a very different style than AC, SF, or PHS. They have a very deliberate, balanced attack & Justice's main job is to run the team and distribute the ball. He is very selective (smart I should say) in his shot selection. Crum, Akers, & Hall are all good players & good shooters, but all of them take terrible shots from time to time (especially Akers) as do most players. Justice never takes a bad shot --- never! & not only that he probably doesn't take half the # of shots as those three. IMO, that matters! & that's one reason SV is the best team in the 15th and maybe Eastern KY.

Think about it for a second, just about any decent shooter could average 4 to 6 three's a game if they shot 20 to 25 of them a night & just came down the floor and fired it from 25+ feet at any time. Even I could probably do that Smile I bet Justice averages at least 2 or 3 three's a game on probably 6 to 8 attempts. Just because he hasn't taken as many 3's as some of the others doesn't mean he's not as good a shooter as any of the three you mentioned. IMO, he is a better shooter than Hall & Akers, but not Crum. Just my opinion!

ok then...please tell me all the poss. outcomes of those #'s that you provided.
uhavenoidea Wrote:He may be pretty accurate...but he is not a 50% or better shooter from behind the arc for an entire season...

Maybe not, but he's a better shooter than Hall & Akers for sure! no doubt about it! IMO

and it's a toss up between Justice, Crum, & Slone for the best in the region. Now thats my opinion. I'm sorry if you don't like that and I don't agree with you, but I can't help it, that's the way me & evidentally a lot of others see it.

If your so convinced that Justice isn't one of the best shooters in the region why don't you start another thread with a poll of each player and see what people think. Heck, maybe I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time in my life!
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Maybe not, but he's a better shooter than Hall & Akers for sure! no doubt about it! IMO

and it's a toss up between Justice, Crum, & Slone for the best in the region. Now thats my opinion. I'm sorry if you don't like that and I don't agree with you, but I can't help it, that's the way me & evidentally a lot of others see it.

If your so convinced that Justice isn't one of the best shooters in the region why don't you start another thread with a poll of each player and see what people think. Heck, maybe I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time in my life!

Thats juss what i thought man...you completely ignored my post above yours but thats fine and dandy:thumpsup:...Justice is one of the best shooters in the region...I said that in previous posts...READ up man PLEASE!!!Smile ...But Justice is not the best shooter is my point...
I started a poll in a new thread
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I started a poll in a new thread

:notworthy :Thumbs: Smile ...Ok!
We'll see how she goes Cool
uhavenoidea Wrote:Thats juss what i thought man...you completely ignored my post above yours but thats fine and dandy:thumpsup:...Justice is one of the best shooters in the region...I said that in previous posts...READ up man PLEASE!!!Smile ...But Justice is not the best shooter is my point...

I think you need to READ UP a little

The exact words I said where "I bet Justice averages at least 2 or 3 three's a game on probably 6 to 8 attempts.

Now "at least" means the bare minimum it doesn't include the maximum. He could hit 6 or 8 on a given night.

"on probably" means maybe he shoots that many & maybe he don't, it's just a rough guess.

So I hope you see now how he could "hypothetically" go 1/2, 2/3, 2/4, 5/7, 4/6, or even 7/8. All of those add up to a very good percentage. So you did take the worse case senario & not the best! It's ok though I forgive you Big Grin
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I think you need to READ UP a little

The exact words I said where "I bet Justice averages [B]at least 2 or 3 three's a game on probably 6 to 8 attempts.
[/B]
Now "at least" means the bare minimum it doesn't include the maximum. He could hit 6 or 8 on a given night.

"on probably" means maybe he shoots that many & maybe he don't, it's just a rough guess.

So I hope you see now how he could "hypothetically" go 1/2, 2/3, 2/4, 5/7, 4/6, or even 7/8. All of those add up to a very good percentage. So you did take the worse case senario & not the best! It's ok though I forgive you Big Grin

Justice is not the best shooter, but is in the top 4 or 5 in the region...
uhavenoidea Wrote:Man O' Man...Look at what you just said...You think he avgs. 2 or 3 made 3's a game on 6 to 8 attempts...I stated all the possibile scenarios in that...With you sayin he may avg. that...I didnt say he couldnt get 6 3's one game and 1 the next...

Well then I'm glad we got all this cleared up :Clap:
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Well then I'm glad we got all this cleared up :Clap:

Yea Boy!Smile by the way how did you quote me when there is no post like that on here...Smile
Don't know what your talking about?
i think jd vanhoose and landon slone from paintsville are pretty good shane grimm can be pretty good when he gets hot
uhavenoidea Wrote:Your kidding right?...Yes, he had a stellar postseason, but not exactly the best season out of everyone..McCarty(JC), Slone,etc. i know for sure had better seasons than he did...I know he was only a freshman, but you were the one who said no one had a season like he did...

When your TEAM ends up in Rupp at the end of the year, then you've had the best season of anyone! because that's all that matters! nobody cares about anything else. It's all about the TEAM.
Final Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay on topic or this one is closed!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:When your TEAM ends up in Rupp at the end of the year, then you've had the best season of anyone! because that's all that matters! nobody cares about anything else. It's all about the TEAM.

Well i guess when a college coach recruits one player they take the whole team. Just because your team makes it further don't mean someone on that team had a better year than that someone who didnt make it that far. He had a great postseason and a pretty good overall season just not the best individual season...You can't use that against another player off a different team because there team didnt do so well that year...Oh yea this thread isnt about a TEAM, its about the best three-point shooter in the mountains.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Well i guess when a college coach recruits one player they take the whole team. Just because your team makes it further don't mean someone on that team had a better year than that someone who didnt make it that far. He had a great postseason and a pretty good overall season just not the best individual season...You can't use that against another player off a different team because there team didnt do so well that year...Oh yea this thread isnt about a TEAM, its about the best three-point shooter in the mountains.

Really good individual players are even better team players IMO. In high school basketball the only thing that matters is making it to Rupp!

I wish one of the mod's would please close this thread!
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Really good individual players are even better team players IMO. In high school basketball the only thing that matters is making it to Rupp!

I wish one of the mod's would please close this thread!

Yes, really good players make their teammates better or atleast make them look better because all the focus is on them. Rupp is important. But, IMO getting your college paid for by getting a scholarship is very good as well...Everyone always says Academics should come before Athletics. Yes, making it to Rupp(if they even played at Rupp), im sure is a wonderful experience and a life time memory. But, an athlete doing well on his own and getting his schooling paid for is great. Just take this into consideration, 4 or 5 yrs. down the road when an athlete is graduating from the college he got the scholarship from will tell you Rupp was great, but making something of yourself and having a future to build on and making a life for yourself is pretty great and important as well...For 99.9% of whoever has played, Rupp would be a memory, but having a college education will last them a lifetime. IMO just going to Rupp doesn't put food on the table for someone who's family dont have the money for a good college or any college 4 that matter.
CLOSED!!!

Start another if you wish to keep it up with each other.
REMINDER::::: re-read your rules!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]