Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley vs Gate City, VA. Jan.4
Shelby Valley and Gate City, VA. will clash heads on Jan.4 @ Valley. Gate City is one of the top teams in Single A in Virginia. They were state runner-up last year. They have pretty good talent. They love to press, just like Valley, and run bout 12-15 people into the game the whole night. They have a real good point guard in Thilee Anderson, a good foward in Jamie Hackney, somewhat decent post player in Matt Bays. They also have a post player about 6'8. This is the best I can remember about them, cause I haven't seen play Since last year, but I have read up on them this year, and this is what I can give you on them. GC has lost at least 3 games this year that I know of. One of GC's losses came to Dobyns-Bennett, TN. by 27 pts., a team that only beat Pikeville earlier this year in between 10 and 20 pts. the best I can remember. Anyways I was just given you all some information on GC, and was wondering what you all will think about this game , and you're predictions. I'll say Valley will win, but they might get a surprise early by GC, but will pull away in the end.

SV: 77
GC: 56
Valley by 15.
Its hard to predict games when local teams play people from out of state. You just don't know that much about their opponent. kysportsguru did a good job of informing everyone about GC but it's just hard to say w/o seeing them play. Anyway I'll take SV
Sv 92
Gc 48
Valley by 20+, the few days they rest after the NYC tournament is all they need, they will get right back into the swing of things.
This game will be broadcast on 93.1 WDHR and will be available online at http://www.wdhr.com
I'm expecting Valley to blow them out.
Valley 87
Gate City 53
Hard to say without knowing anything about them. Hopefully Valley will pull out the win.

Incidentally, this is the first half of a home-and-home within the same year, as Valley goes to Gate City for the rematch Feb. 9.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Looks like they lost to Dobyns-Bennett by 27. Here's their schedule .http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Team.mx...8/Virginia
Shelby Valley by 15
If Valley can't beat Gate City after what they faced in NY, then I give up. Shouldn't be very close.
Shelby Valley by 25
Valley by 30 points. Virginia boys basketball is not as strong as Ky. The referees may play a part if the game is played in Va. They call it "different" in Va. Virginia (southwest Va) is a football region.