Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Think About 6 -8th Graders Playing High School Basketball
If they're good enough to produce, it doesn't matter how old they are. There's been some great tennis and golf players at a very young age. Also in gymnastics, even in the Olympics. I would have really hated to play Tiger Woods when he was a 6th grader and I was a senior....scary!:omg:
THATS what i've been trying to say all along , if you have the talent your age should not matter end of story .
If there grades are ok why not?
I am kinda torn between this because I myself went over and played high school ball in grade school. The dilemma is that yes, I do agree that playing high school ball will definitely enhance skills, but then again there is such a maturity level difference that it may hurt on that aspect. I remember getting a lot out of the higher level of competition, but I did have to grow up quite a but faster than what I was probably ready for.
Personally, I think if they are good enough to play, then there should be no problem with them playing on a high school team.. I did it when I was in 6th-8th grade, and I have to admit, the experience that I gained from the practices and the games definitely helped me in the grade school ranks.
If the girls can play, let em play. Age shouldnt even be a question
age doesnt matter because i know someone that was a 6,7 & 8th grader playin on a high school team and every year they have gotten tougher and more experienced. so if the younger player is better you should let them play && thats wat her coach did too.