Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
0%
Highlands
100.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Raceland at Highlands 9/20
Raceland vs Highlands. Thoughts?
This is a game where I would think the goal for Raceland is to make it out healthy without injuries. Raceland is punching way out of their weight class and Highlands names the score.

FTH 49
Rams 0
This one could be very rough for the Rams. Work on what you can in the passing game against a very good Highlands secondary, try and solidify things in the run game where you can but Getting out healthy needs to be the primary goal. This game looks a lot different than it did even last year when it was a running clock. The environment will still be a good experience for a young team. The last time we went to highlands, these Sophomore players were still in the stands. So it’s likely to be a shock on its own. Obviously you want to win them all, but coming out and competing and getting out healthy will be a win for me. I think it will be very difficult for the Rams to see the red zone, let alone the end zone. Love my Rams but can’t even go with my heart in this one.

Birds 42
Rams 0

That being said though…these types of games need to continue to be on the schedule. Maybe you catch a top 10 5 or 6A school on a down year and get a competitive game every 3 years or so. But there’s nothing wrong with having games on the schedule like this, as long as you have the roster numbers to stay healthy.
I feel sorry for Raceland this week. No way they get up for this one after yet another loss to Pikeville and they get an angry Highlands team coming off a loss. If the Rams score or don’t get a running clock put on them, I will be impressed. I agree they just need to stay healthy here.
Highlands offensive and defensive lines are HUGE Make them throw. Might get a couple INTs. QB not that good.
Raceland upsets the birds with a morale. Victory
Massacre. Raceland runs up the middle all night rotating about 4 backs and then they run about 8 QB draws. Only passes will be bubbles that gain 3 yards at most. Probably 7-8 pass attempts all night. Just load the box and have a field day. Anemic offense against a loaded defense like Highlands is bad news.
Defensively, Rams may have a few bright moments here and there, but Highlands scores a minimum of 35 in this one.
Im going 49-6 (Rams get a garbage touchdown late off a run up the gut) in favor of Highlands. Biggest goal in this one is coaching staff trying to keep kids from getting down and hanging their heads and motivate them to keep playing hard.
Highlands in impressive fashion.
Bump.
I don't believe this will be a massacre. The young Rams will be competitive but Highlands will win comfortably and the score will get a little out of hand down the stretch. Raceland will have a legitimate touchdown and probably one late against the subs. Score somewhere in the neighborhood of 42-14.
I’m going with 56-20. I think Highlands will be able to do pretty much what they want offensively, especially over the course of the game, those numbers are hard to deal with. But I think we can get a score or two. Regardless of the score I just hope to see us compete and get out of Ft Thomas as healthy as we are going in.
This game doesn’t concern me at all. The big question is …..can the Rams travel back down the double A next Friday and win a game at NCC. Two long trips back to back. Some how the boys have got to stay focused and get the win next week.