Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tomorrow
I've been a HUGE sports fan all my life (all sports) - but the first night of high school football in Kentucky - and especially in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky - is still my favorite sports day of the year. You?
[-] The following 6 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • 64SUR, Big Five-0-, Bull got out!, Colonel4Life1999, Granny Bear, Westside
It's the best time of the year
[-] The following 2 users Like BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear
I just like this time of year. You can feel the crisp turn of fall in the air, football begins anew, school starts back... two great champions, Pikeville and Corbin, on the horizon ... best time of the year and it's not even close. Just wish mom was still here to write me a poem on my birthday and give her only baby boy a big hug and kiss. I miss her more than anything.
[-] The following 3 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Belichick, Bull got out!, Granny Bear
Great time of the year and it means deer season is just around the corner
[-] The following 3 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bull got out!, Granny Bear
Definitely the most wonderful time of the year! This is what we've all been waiting for and its finally here!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Granny Bear
I love football…to me it’s the best sport of them all. It teaches young kids so much about life. When you watch other high school sports and you see kids upset when their career ends you can almost guarantee that they played football as well. The football kids are just different than the rest. With that being said ….Ive really fell back in love with baseball agin. Me and my boy spend a lot of time talking about baseball and watching baseball. We tease one another about our favorite team winning and losing…his is the Cubs and mine the Yankees. I spend more time with baseball now then football but football will always be my first loved sport
[-] The following 3 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear, Patriot1
High school sports can be the greatest experience for the participants; and it can also be the worst.  I have been blest to watch my kids and grandchildren play in high school sports.  I won't be able to do that with my great grandchildren.  While that makes me sad, this time of year brings back some of the most memorable times and wonderful memories that I have.

This is also my favorite season of the year.  So I'm praying for an injury free season for ALL participants and look forward to sharing this time of year with all you guys while we fight in PickEms!!!

Heart Heart
[-] The following 3 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, Patriot1, SomeBunnyFan_10
I haven’t been able to sleep good all week waiting for today to roll around. Get to watch the two power houses of the mountains tonight and my team plays on Saturday night to start the season. Couldn’t of worked out better week 1.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School 18's post:
  • Granny Bear, Patriot1
It's football time in the bluegrass!
[-] The following 3 users Like NoDogsDown's post:
  • Granny Bear, SomeBunnyFan_10, Westside
High school football season is by far my favorite. It brings back so many great memories.. I loved every moment from the brutally hot July practices to the cold November practices and everything in between. And no, I never got to experience playoff action in December. I can still remember the smell of the grass as we stretched and performed calisthenics to begin practice. I remember the great times from two-a-days or three-a-days at Georgetown College football camp, our road games riding on the bus, which was as fun as the games themselves, to waking up Saturday morning a little stiff from the previous nights games I miss it all, but I also realize that I was truly blessed to have experienced it all and am able reminisce and cherish the memories. I wouldn't trade them for the world.
[-] The following 5 users Like Westside's post:
  • Belichick, Granny Bear, Patriot1, SomeBunnyFan_10, Walt Longmire
(08-23-2024, 06:46 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I love football…to me it’s the best sport of them all. It teaches young kids so much about life. When you watch other high school sports and you see kids upset when their career ends you can almost guarantee that they played football as well. The football kids are just different than the rest. With that being said ….Ive really fell back in love with baseball agin. Me and my boy spend a lot of time talking about baseball and watching baseball. We tease one another about our favorite team winning and losing…his is the Cubs and mine the Yankees. I spend more time with baseball now then football but football will always be my first loved sport

That's awesome about you and your son bonding over baseball. But how are any of us shocked that you'd be a Yankees fan?  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fanman's post:
  • Granny Bear
This time of year is more fun than a barrel full of monkeys - my buddies and I look forward to it all year!
High School football any way you want to explain it, is the BEST sport out there bar none!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hi Risk Warrior's post:
  • Granny Bear
(08-23-2024, 11:18 AM)Fanman Wrote:
(08-23-2024, 06:46 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I love football…to me it’s the best sport of them all. It teaches young kids so much about life. When you watch other high school sports and you see kids upset when their career ends you can almost guarantee that they played football as well. The football kids are just different than the rest. With that being said ….Ive really fell back in love with baseball agin. Me and my boy spend a lot of time talking about baseball and watching baseball. We tease one another about our favorite team winning and losing…his is the Cubs and mine the Yankees. I spend more time with baseball now then football but football will always be my first loved sport

That's awesome about you and your son bonding over baseball. But how are any of us shocked that you'd be a Yankees fan?  Big Grin
Haters gonna hate haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Granny Bear