Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCC Baseball
Just seen on Facebook that Meehan was hired as head coach. Home run hire by the Dores if it is true.
Great hire. Willis coming back to Jackson?
I agree a great hire. Imo Meehan is the best coach in the region. Does he have the players to win with ?

Wolfe County has to be the favorite for the next 2 seasons.
Any proof? I’ve searched FB and can’t seem to find anything
PCCHS, PCCHS Athletics nor bluegrass sports nation have posted anything about this.
It must be official. Just seen a picture of him with a Perry hat on announcing it.
WYMT reported on it. I got the notification on my phone

https://www.wymt.com/2024/06/05/perry-ce...ead-coach/
(06-05-2024, 08:35 PM)Bluecat Wrote: WYMT reported on it. I got the notification on my phone

https://www.wymt.com/2024/06/05/perry-ce...ead-coach/

Thank You. 

home run hire by PCC. Things just got a lot More interesting in the 54th district.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Strikeout King's post:
  • Bulldogs4Ever
Great hire…..if the kids and parents are all in. Meehan requires a lot of commitment. Homerun Hire.
Awesome hire!
Will any hazard players come to PCC to play for him?
I seriously doubt it. But you never know.
(06-06-2024, 08:41 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: Will any hazard players come to PCC to play for him?
I would be surprised to see any switch
Willis to Jackson?? In what role? Head coach or assistant?? Hard to pick a favorite the next couple yrs with all the youth in the region, Knott has to be on that list though & depending who LCC hires they’re right there as well cause they lose 1 player. Next years region will be like this past one, all 8 going to be tough outs & a threat to win it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinTowers's post:
  • Bluecat
(06-06-2024, 12:47 PM)TwinTowers Wrote: Willis to Jackson?? In what role? Head coach or assistant?? Hard to pick a favorite the next couple yrs with all the youth in the region, Knott has to be on that list though & depending who LCC hires they’re right there as well cause they lose 1 player. Next years region will be like this past one, all 8 going to be tough outs & a threat to win it.
Hearing one of Hazard's assistants is showing interest in the LCC job. Not sure which one though. Just hearsay.

And you are right, there is a lot of young talent in this region.
If Wolfe was to hire a different coach, one like a Meehan, they would definitely be the favorites for the next two seasons.. They need a change. Don’t care if they won All A or not, it was more players than coach.
(06-12-2024, 08:53 AM)HappyPappy Wrote: If Wolfe was to hire a different coach, one like a Meehan, they would definitely be the favorites for the next two seasons.. They need a change. Don’t care if they won All A or not, it was more players than coach.

What does Rigsby do that’s so wrong ? Next season is going to be the only year that Wolfe has been the favorite. So , I don’t understand the disappointment.

Another thing. Who’s gonna take the Wolfe job ? Yes , they may be the favorite for the next 2 seasons but what happens after that ? Wolfe seems to struggle with reloading.

If Rigsby is already on the hot seat. Creech should have been canned 5 years ago.
(06-12-2024, 09:10 AM)Chubby Smith Wrote:
(06-12-2024, 08:53 AM)HappyPappy Wrote: If Wolfe was to hire a different coach, one like a Meehan, they would definitely be the favorites for the next two seasons.. They need a change. Don’t care if they won All A or not, it was more players than coach.

What does Rigsby do that’s so wrong ? Next season is going to be the only year that Wolfe has been the favorite. So , I don’t understand the disappointment.

Another thing. Who’s gonna take the Wolfe job ? Yes , they may be the favorite for the next 2 seasons but what happens after that ? Wolfe seems to struggle with reloading.

If Rigsby is already on the hot seat. Creech should have been canned 5 years ago.
Wolfe was definitely if not the favorite this year, and if not the favorite they were certainly #2 behind Powell.
(06-25-2024, 02:09 PM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote:
(06-12-2024, 09:10 AM)Chubby Smith Wrote:

Wolfe was definitely if not the favorite this year, and if not the favorite they were certainly #2 behind Powell.

I heard an old saying one time about opinions and A holes but can’t quite remember how it goes. Maybe you can Google it sometime.

You know… you’d think in a little ole weak region like the 14th that 1 of the 2 definite best teams in it would have walked away a winner. But surprisingly neither of the favorites won their district championships and neither made it to the championship game of the Regional tournament.

Post your address here and I will mail you a # 1 and a # 2 ranked ribbon. Give one to Wolfe and the other to Powell. We don’t care which school you choose.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chubby Smith's post:
  • SidelineFan
Does anyone know why Meehan left hazard to take the Perry job 1 year later? Did he leave and realize he just missed coaching? I think he will kill it at Perry with the size of that school, but just thought it odd to retire and then go across town right after.
(07-16-2024, 10:56 PM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote: Does anyone know why Meehan left hazard to take the Perry job 1 year later? Did he leave and realize he just missed coaching? I think he will kill it at Perry with the size of that school, but just thought it odd to retire and then go across town right after.
He has most of his staff from Hazard as well I believe which will definitely make things interesting when they meet. But I agree, very odd to retire to only come back to coach at the rival's school.
He wasn’t ready to stop coaching when he left Hazard, plain and simple
(07-18-2024, 09:08 AM)BlackHawk Wrote: He wasn’t ready to stop coaching when he left Hazard, plain and simple
Are you saying he was pushed out?
I’d say he was done. But hard to turn down 25k to just coach baseball around here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tailback44's post:
  • Bluecat
HuhTailback44I’d say he was done. But hard to turn down 25k to just coach baseball around here.

Huh 25k????