Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 90 Prestonsburg 51
No other way to explain it other than Betsy Layne opened up a can and poured it all over PBurg
The district is wildly inconsistent
Over by halftime. Bobcats defense held the Blackcats to four points in the second quarter. They coasted from there. If they get this defensive effort every game, they have to like their chances.
Since Betsy Layne has went to a 7 man rotation they have been killing it. Winning 5 out of their last 6 games all 5 wins being in their region. I just hope politics don’t come into play and causes that to change
I think Betsy Layne is finding their identity. If teams continue to guard Tanner Martin with a 4 or 5 they’ve got zero shot of stopping him 1 on 1. He and Cameron Pente are so good in 1 on 1s with the floor spread out.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(02-10-2024, 12:14 PM)Spud6 Wrote: I think Betsy Layne is finding their identity. If teams continue to guard Tanner Martin with a 4 or 5 they’ve got zero shot of stopping him 1 on 1. He and Cameron Pente are so good in 1 on 1s with the floor spread out.
I think PBurg was forced to do that to start the game because Kidd wasn’t in the lineup and G. Hall is a better shooter so they had a defender who could guard the perimeter on him.  Once Kidd came in PBurg center switched to him. 

PBurg seems to turn the ball over way too much and very lackadaisical on defense and even offense at times. 

BL was able to turned them over and take care of the ball. I bet BL shot 20 more shots than PBurg last night. Even if you shoot a lesser percentage, you still can make more when you take more.  BL can most certainly win the 58th and with the right matchup could advance to final four of region.
We all knew Betsy Layne was the better team, Prestonsburg has never been able to beat us. Bobcats are playing outstanding basketball at the right time. Prestonsburg needs an overhaul that Coach has lost his team, he quit on his team early. They are playing little to no defensive, and I can’t figure out why your getting blown out and you leave your freshman in to get his average when the rest of their team of upperclassman was took out. It’s funny to think they thought they could win the 15th Region, right now not sure they can beat Betsy Layne Middle School. Blackcat fans have to be embarrassed the way they have been destroyed by the other Floyd County Schools!!
Bobcat4Life
(02-10-2024, 01:27 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: We all knew Betsy Layne was the better team, Prestonsburg has never been able to beat us. Bobcats are playing outstanding basketball at the right time. Prestonsburg needs an overhaul that Coach has lost his team, he quit on his team early. They are playing little to no defensive, and  I can’t figure out why your getting blown out and you leave your freshman in to get his average when the rest of their team of upperclassman was took out. It’s funny to think they thought they could win the 15th Region, right now not sure they can beat Betsy Layne Middle School. Blackcat fans have to be embarrassed  the way they have been destroyed by the other Floyd County Schools!! 
Bobcat4Life
I wouldn’t say Coach Parsley has given up or that their fans should be embarrassed. Look at their roster. No one should have expected them to really be able to compete in their district or the region this year. They have several wins but other than beating Floyd central team who was going through a rough patch and not playing good. They’ve not beat any team that’s good.
Pburgs problem lies on the parents.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(02-12-2024, 10:04 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Pburgs problem lies on the parents.
Probably a big reason they can’t find a football coach
Daddy Ball is alive and well in the Star City
(02-12-2024, 10:08 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:
Probably a big reason they can’t find a football coach

That’s Floyd county board of education
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Colonel4Life1999
 Not what we’ve heard, word is they have a few players and a Coach quit the team already with more to come after the season. Bobcats will roll them on Saturday. #Bobcat4Life
It
(02-10-2024, 01:27 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: We all knew Betsy Layne was the better team, Prestonsburg has never been able to beat us. Bobcats are playing outstanding basketball at the right time. Prestonsburg needs an overhaul that Coach has lost his team, he quit on his team early. They are playing little to no defensive, and  I can’t figure out why your getting blown out and you leave your freshman in to get his average when the rest of their team of upperclassman was took out. It’s funny to think they thought they could win the 15th Region, right now not sure they can beat Betsy Layne Middle School. Blackcat fans have to be embarrassed  the way they have been destroyed by the other Floyd County Schools!! 
Bobcat4Life
Never? you sure about that? Been a while yes, but never?

I will say its been probably 5 years since Pburg beat Betsy Layne though