Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Central 107 Prestonsburg 83
No other way to explain it other than Floyd Central opened up a can and poured it all over PBurg.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Dawgs01
Looks like some young men need to learn how to play defense but nobody gets player of the game for shutting someone down.
[-] The following 2 users Like Belichick's post:
  • jetpilot, Pikecoballer
To play with the “better” freshmen in the 15th, it’s going to take some special kids/parents/teams.

Outside the Slone kid from JC, they do not play defense and are projects when it comes to anything but getting shots.
That’s a lot of points in a high school game
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
FC caught Prestonsburg at a bad time and made them pay right from the jump. Kudos to the Jags. This is a good team that could do some damage in the post season.

Prestonsburg has since beaten Mingo Central since this game and got back in the win column and looked more like the team we've seen for most of the season. Hopefully they can forget about the Paintsville and FC game and get back on track. Blackcats have a talented team and if Parsley can get them playing together, they can compete with anyone in the region.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Blacksmith
(02-05-2024, 08:13 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: FC caught Prestonsburg at a bad time and made them pay right from the jump. Kudos to the Jags. This is a good team that could do some damage in the post season.

Prestonsburg has since beaten Mingo Central since this game and got back in the win column and looked more like the team we've seen for most of the season. Hopefully they can forget about the Paintsville and FC game and get back on track. Blackcats have a talented team and if Parsley can get them playing together, they can compete with anyone in the region.
What had happened that it was a bad time?

Explain the 2nd bolded.  They've lost their last 4 in region, and Pikeville toyed with them at the All- A?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Prestonsburg is better this year. But they aren’t so much better that they can beat one of the top 15th region teams when they’re focused especially tournament time. I don’t see a path to victory for them against Pikeville, Martin County, or Pike Central and a few others barring injuries or illness.
(02-05-2024, 11:01 PM)Ring'Em Up Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 08:13 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: FC caught Prestonsburg at a bad time and made them pay right from the jump. Kudos to the Jags. This is a good team that could do some damage in the post season.

What had happened that it was a bad time?

Explain the 2nd bolded.  They've lost their last 4 in region, and Pikeville toyed with them at the All- A?
I don’t know all the details, just know there were some distractions around the team leading up to this game.

I think that the region this year is tighter. I didn’t say Prestonsburg could beat anyone in the region, I just said compete, especially more so this year than many years previous.
If things don't change, Prestonsburg will be lucky to make it out of the district this year. The team has some talent, but once again parents are ruining it for their kids. You can't have Dads, relatives, relatives of the coach, and Mommy's bickering and arguing on social media. It's turning into a circus, and I feel for the players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blackcat 4 Life's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(02-06-2024, 10:01 AM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: If things don't change, Prestonsburg will be lucky to make it out of the district this year. The team has some talent, but once again parents are ruining it for their kids. You can't have Dads, relatives, relatives of the coach, and Mommy's bickering and arguing on social media. It's turning into a circus, and I feel for the players.

I feel sorry for the coach. It's his second year there
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Blacksmith
(02-06-2024, 12:53 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(02-06-2024, 10:01 AM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: If things don't change, Prestonsburg will be lucky to make it out of the district this year. The team has some talent, but once again parents are ruining it for their kids. You can't have Dads, relatives, relatives of the coach, and Mommy's bickering and arguing on social media. It's turning into a circus, and I feel for the players.

Sorry for what? He took over a program that won like 5 games and almost tripled that in first season and now could win 20 games for the first time in at least 10 seasons there. If parents are mad no wonder they can’t find a football coach. You can’t please the parents no matter what you do it sounds like
(02-06-2024, 03:16 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Sorry for what? He took over a program that won like 5 games and almost tripled that in first season and now could win 20 games for the first time in at least 10 seasons there. If parents are mad no wonder they can’t find a football coach. You can’t please the parents no matter what you do it sounds like

Welcome to the new world. Social media makes us believe things that simply aren’t true and their that control that media have the power.

Like a kid who averages under 10 points a game is “a top player in his class” or shooting under 40% FG is a good shooter

I have some of the parents on Facebook and the stuff they write about the coach without saying this is about the coach is insane. And the rumors I’ve heard about a certain player on the team and how they are restricted from activities and how they can practice would cause me as a coach to leave.
#BBFL
(02-06-2024, 03:58 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

I have some of the parents on Facebook and the stuff they write about the coach without saying this is about the coach is insane. And the rumors I’ve heard about a certain player on the team and how they are restricted from activities and how they can practice would cause me as a coach to leave.

I’ve heard the same. Crazy.

Restricted by the coach or the parents? I know one of the parents runs a local media outlet. Probably not hard to find out which media outlet I’m taking about
(02-06-2024, 04:31 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Restricted by the coach or the parents? I know one of the parents runs a local media outlet. Probably not hard to find out which media outlet I’m taking about

I'm not going to go any further but I will say that the guy you are talking about isn't the one restricting their son and what they can do at practice.  But that guy has had some cryptic facebook posts on his personal page about what most folks think is the coaching at Pburg but it could be about something else at the same time, I don't know him.
#BBFL
(02-06-2024, 04:43 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(02-06-2024, 12:53 PM)Spud6 Wrote: I feel sorry for the coach. It's his second year there

I'm not going to go any further but I will say that the guy you are talking about isn't the one restricting their son and what they can do at practice.  But that guy has had some cryptic facebook posts on his personal page about what most folks think is the coaching at Pburg but it could be about something else at the same time, I don't know him.
Gotcha. Hopefully everything works out for those players and the coach. From afar seems to be doing a good job.
(02-06-2024, 04:48 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(02-06-2024, 03:16 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Sorry for what? He took over a program that won like 5 games and almost tripled that in first season and now could win 20 games for the first time in at least 10 seasons there. If parents are mad no wonder they can’t find a football coach. You can’t please the parents no matter what you do it sounds like

Gotcha. Hopefully everything works out for those players and the coach. From afar seems to be doing a good job.

I think from everyone outside the program believe that he is doing a good job, but the ones inside the program seem to not agree.
#BBFL
  • Blacksmith
(02-06-2024, 04:51 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(02-06-2024, 04:48 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(02-06-2024, 03:58 PM)Spud6 Wrote: I have some of the parents on Facebook and the stuff they write about the coach without saying this is about the coach is insane. And the rumors I’ve heard about a certain player on the team and how they are restricted from activities and how they can practice would cause me as a coach to leave.

I think from everyone outside the program believe that he is doing a good job, but the ones inside the program seem to not agree.
I’m just basing my opinion on wins/losses compared to when he got there. He’s also beating teams that are known for their basketball teams like Paintsville and Floyd Central. I have no knowledge about the person the coach is or how he runs practices or treats players. My opinion is based on results only.
I'm hearing Prestonsburg will be looking for a coach after the conclusion of the season. From what I have been told, he is starting another job outside of the school system.
(02-07-2024, 10:29 AM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: I'm hearing Prestonsburg will be looking for a coach after the conclusion of the season. From what I have been told, he is starting another job outside of the school system.

That’s unfortunate is true. He is one of the better young coaches, heck he is one of the better coaches period.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RTruth's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(02-07-2024, 10:29 AM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: I'm hearing Prestonsburg will be looking for a coach after the conclusion of the season. From what I have been told, he is starting another job outside of the school system.
Does Parsley teach at the school?
(02-07-2024, 11:13 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(02-07-2024, 10:29 AM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: I'm hearing Prestonsburg will be looking for a coach after the conclusion of the season. From what I have been told, he is starting another job outside of the school system.
Does Parsley teach at the school?

No. I think he may sub but rumor is he’s taking a job outside out the schools system and closer to his home.
#BBFL
May be time for Kevin Keathley to return to the sidelines to add to his coaching resume if that rumor is true.
(02-07-2024, 09:35 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: May be time for Kevin Keathley to return to the sidelines to add to his coaching resume if that rumor is true.

You’d run every kid who isn’t his son away if they did that.
#BBFL
  • Colonel4Life1999
Floyd County athletics can't get out of their own way. How many winning coaches from middle school and high school have been replaced depsite winning in the last year?