Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Seniors In 16th Region
Was in a conversation yesterday with some 16th regioniers.  In our conversation it was our cumulative thought that the 16th region senior class is a bit lighter than usual, even compared to upcoming classes. Maybe we are uninformed so can I get some suggestions on who the top players in this class are to be certain we aren't missing anyone?
Evan Goodman - East
Steven "Bubba" Day - Fairview
Christian Large - Raceland
Jason Ellis - Boyd
Blake Hall - East
Adam Hargett - Fleming
Eli Adkins - Greenup
Noah Quinn - Russell
Gatlin Griffith - Morgan
Taylan Sorrell - Bath

No particular order, and I apologize if i've left someone off
Rowan has a couple on Mirius and Wilburn who are good. Menifee has a senior currently averaging a double double in Jolly. Fleming has a few seniors carrying the team. Ellis from Boyd.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TribeTime's post:
  • Fanman
(12-25-2023, 03:17 AM)Fanman Wrote: Evan Goodman - East
Jason Ellis - Boyd
Blake Hall - East
Adam Hargett - Fleming
Eli Adkins - Greenup
Noah Quinn - Russell
Gatlin Griffith - Morgan
Taylan Sorrell - Bath

Do you see any of these having the opportunity to further their education by way of a basketball scholarship?  At what level?

From another post that mentioned the Mirus kid, I've heard he has an opportunity at D3 school (not sure if scholarship offer or not). He plays hard. I'll go ahead and say I think it is clear there not even a borderline D1 player, with a couple listed that may be borderline D3/D2/NAIA scholarship. Still have 2/3 of season left to prove it.  List lacks size without going into detail. I see a potential to walk on with most of list.  I'm not a college basketball recruiter so I'm interested in hearing other opinions.  

How does this list compare to 14th and 15th regions?

How many kids had scholarship opportunities last year in 16th (Deborde, Otis, ______)?
(12-25-2023, 01:26 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
Jason Ellis - Boyd
Blake Hall - East
Adam Hargett - Fleming
Eli Adkins - Greenup
Noah Quinn - Russell
Gatlin Griffith - Morgan
Taylan Sorrell - Bath

Do you see any of these having the opportunity to further their education by way of a basketball scholarship?  At what level?

From another post that mentioned the Mirus kid, I've heard he has an opportunity at D3 school (not sure if scholarship offer or not). He plays hard. I'll go ahead and say I think it is clear there not even a borderline D1 player, with a couple listed that may be borderline D3/D2/NAIA scholarship. Still have 2/3 of season left to prove it.  List lacks size without going into detail. I see a potential to walk on with most of list.  I'm not a college basketball recruiter so I'm interested in hearing other opinions.  

How many kids had scholarship opportunities last year in 16th (Deborde, Otis, ______)?
Basketball (boys) is an extremely hard sport to scholarship in, that being said I don't see very many from that list doing so. Doesn't mean they aren't good players, they are, but its just so hard to scholarship from this area without putting up special numbers stats-wise.
(12-25-2023, 01:37 PM)Fanman Wrote:
(12-25-2023, 01:26 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
Jason Ellis - Boyd
Blake Hall - East
Adam Hargett - Fleming
Eli Adkins - Greenup
Noah Quinn - Russell
Gatlin Griffith - Morgan
Taylan Sorrell - Bath

Basketball (boys) is an extremely hard sport to scholarship in, that being said I don't see very many from that list doing so. Doesn't mean they aren't good players, they are, but its just so hard to scholarship from this area without putting up special numbers stats-wise.

Agree. It also depends on how far the kid/family is willing to travel to get a scholarship.  Podunk U from Northeast Montana may offer just to fill roster but would the kid actually go? But yes I was referring to legit in state or adjacent scholarship offers. Just wondering how many without naming names will have that opportunity, if any, thoughts? How many was there last year?