Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd County 92 East Carter 48
Final from the Boyd County Classic. Boyd shot lights out tonight and looked good in a running clock game tonight vs. the Raiders.

The Lions had a huge game from sophomore Jacob Spurlock who had 43 points.
Final from the Boyd County Roundball Classic. Spurlock had 43 points.
Boyd separating themselves from the pack.
(12-10-2023, 12:59 AM)Bandit29 Wrote: Boyd separating themselves from the pack.
They are playing well but they have only played one good team in the pre season and got thumped.  Strength of schedule does matter.  If they can beat a good team, then this conversation can happen.
(12-10-2023, 02:40 AM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:
They are playing well but they have only played one good team in the pre season and got thumped.  Strength of schedule does matter.  If they can beat a good team, then this conversation can happen.

What's your definition of a "good team" lol. The Madison Southern team they beat was pretty daggone good. And I'd have a hard time not putting Morgan and East up towards the top of 16th region teams.
(12-10-2023, 10:22 PM)Fanman Wrote:

What's your definition of a "good team" lol. The Madison Southern team they beat was pretty daggone good. And I'd have a hard time not putting Morgan and East up towards the top of 16th region teams.

I agree.  As far as the 16th is concerned most had Morgan as a team that could contend and East as a team that should be competitive.  Boyd has made an early statement to the rest of the region.  

They play at Rowan Thursday.
(12-11-2023, 10:49 AM)Bandit29 Wrote:
(12-10-2023, 10:22 PM)Fanman Wrote:

I agree.  As far as the 16th is concerned most had Morgan as a team that could contend and East as a team that should be competitive.  Boyd has made an early statement to the rest of the region.  

They play at Rowan Thursday.
Man as much as you have been around the game I sure would’ve expected more.  Boyd has definitely put up some impressive point totals. My question to you is have they played anyone yet that may try to guard them?  Morgan’s twins are the toughest players they have. Adams and Hoskins are soft they don’t want to be touched some would say.  East along with Morgan will battle for a weak 62nd.  Boyd definitely will be challenged Thursday playing Rowan on the road. And they will be challenged even more when they come to Anderson gymnasium after the first of the year.