Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melted candle wax and carpet.
I have several candle warmers in my house that melt the wax instead of actually burning the candle. One of the kids came in this morning and knocked one over in the carpet then "forget" to tell me about it.

Any idea how to get solid candle wax out of carpet?
A steam cleaner will do it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Midee1 Wrote:I have several candle warmers in my house that melt the wax instead of actually burning the candle. One of the kids came in this morning and knocked one over in the carpet then "forget" to tell me about it.

Any idea how to get solid candle wax out of carpet?

you need:
-5-6 good quality paper bags... (thick paper)
-iron

----------

place the bag over the spot, iron it... the wax will melt, the bag absorbs it little by little... keep repeating... don't use steam though... dry heat.
You need:
Five gallons of gasoline
One Match
--------------------------------------------------------------
Soak affected area with five gallons of gasoline, light match through on affected area, run, wait, and magically there will be no wax left, if there is simply repeat, (If you can afford the gasoline of course). :thumpsup:
TOMCAT06 Wrote:You need:
Five gallons of gasoline
One Match
--------------------------------------------------------------
Soak affected area with five gallons of gasoline, light match through on affected area, run, wait, and magically there will be no wax left, if there is simply repeat, (If you can afford the gasoline of course). :thumpsup:

Interesting idea! Or you could just pour another 20-30 gallons of melted wax across the carpet and no one would ever know you had just a 'spot' in the center of the floor.
ronald_reagan Wrote:Interesting idea! Or you could just pour another 20-30 gallons of melted wax across the carpet and no one would ever know you had just a 'spot' in the center of the floor.

That just may push me to tear the carpet up and put the hardwood down that I planned on doing in the spring.
Likely story on the candle wax.
ronald_reagan Wrote:Interesting idea! Or you could just pour another 20-30 gallons of melted wax across the carpet and no one would ever know you had just a 'spot' in the center of the floor.

Haha the funny thing is i bet the wax would still be cheaper than five gallons of gasoline haha