Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
57.69%
Letcher County Central
42.31%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland vs Letcher County Central 8/25
(08-24-2023, 10:54 AM)jetpilot Wrote: RPI isn’t a waste of time at all. Everybody wants to be playing at home until the finals.
Way too early analysis: Raceland has to beat Pikeville at Pikeville (not likely) or hope Pikeville loses to JC LCA and Belfry all 3.
Still comes down to winning. Raceland has to beat Pikeville…doesn’t matter if it’s the second round on the moon or the last game. Winning is all that matters. Until Raceland beats Pikeville RPI means nothing because at this point playing 14 games compared to 15 means nothing…it’s about finally beating Pikeville. With a combined total score of like ….150 to 18 in the last four meetings it probably ain’t happening anytime soon. So no…RPI means nothing
Raceland chance of beating Pikeville at Raceland in playoffs - 35 to 45%
Beating Pikeville at Pikeville in playoffs 10%

RPI decides where the game would be played. So RPI is huge unless you don’t mind having a very slim chance rather than a pretty good chance…
(08-24-2023, 09:24 AM)16thregioner Wrote:
(08-22-2023, 12:27 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: The key in this game is going to be in the line play.  Ashland was on our backfield a lot last week and it was hard to get a running game going.  We have some solid skill players but we are going to have to find ways to stretch the field out and get the ball out of Lindy’s hands quickly to have consistent success on offense.  This Ram team is good but not like they were last season and I’m still not sold on being undisputed #2.

Raceland is most definitely #2 in 1A.  It's still going to come down to them and Pikeville.  The only question is when and where.  It's Raceland vs the RPI the remainder of the season.  Where are their RPI raising wins going to come from?  Letcher County Central, a decent 4A team who may win a few games, is the best chance they have left on their schedule.

Fairview, Nicholas County, and Paris aren't any good.  
Hazard already has a bad loss to Martin County. 
Newport Central Catholic already has a loss to Lloyd Memorial.
Pikeville is the team the Rams are chasing.
Raceland isn't beating Highlands or Lexington Christian.

The Letcher County Central game is a big game for the Rams.
We will find out on the field in a few weeks but I think NCC is going to be more evenly matched with Raceland than they are getting credit for.  I’m taking the Lloyd game with a grain of salt because Lloyd was a pretty good team that I would compare with Ashland.  I think Raceland can beat NCC but it will be a lot closer than some people think.

As for the game tomorrow, this is a must win game for the sake of building confidence and morale because the chances of losing the next 2 games after this are pretty good and as we saw from Russell last year it is tough to rebound after starting the season and not being able to pull out a win in the first month.
^ New Cath will have to fix their offensive line before doing anything. Lloyd lived in the backfield.
D and D confirmed they would be streaming the game tomorrow for those of you that aren’t making the trip to whitesburg.
(08-24-2023, 06:48 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: D and D confirmed they would be streaming the game tomorrow for those of you that aren’t making the trip to whitesburg.
Is that on Facebook?
(08-24-2023, 07:04 PM)Slic Ric Wrote:
(08-24-2023, 06:48 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: D and D confirmed they would be streaming the game tomorrow for those of you that aren’t making the trip to whitesburg.
Is that on Facebook?

Yes
Electric atmosphere 30 minutes before kickoff , you can jus5 feel it
Anybody got a link ?
(08-25-2023, 09:00 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Anybody got a link ?
On Facebook D and D sports RAMDAD50 the shorts gain Raceland had on their possession was 3 yards
Raceland 7-0 2:03 left in the first.

Lightning delay

This game may not ever get finished

Raceland nearly forced a 3 and out. LCC picked up a first down on a fake punt. Then stalled out 4 plays later. They did a good job running the clock out though, seems their goal is to limit our time offensively. Rams managed to score in about 3 minutes though. Will be Racelands ball on the 50ish yard line when play resumes.

Announcers said the crowd was huge. Hate that for the second week in a row a great atmosphere gets ruined for these kids!!
14-0 Raceland 2nd quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lundy drops a dime. 63 us td pass. Rams force a 3 and out. Then lost the feed. No clue what’s currently happening lol
20-7 Raceland 2nd quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Would love to see the Rams starts the second half with a long drive. Pound the ground and get the clock running. Kids won’t get back home till 4 in the morning.
20-7 at the half. Rams have made big plays when they had to. Hope the QB from LCC is okay. Took a really rough, but clean hit. Arm looked weird coming off the field. To his credit the kid popped right up. Looked like a possible collar bone or shoulder issue. Hope he is good to go. That boy has a lot of heart.

What I like about where we are as a program, this is a type of game we would have likely been down at the half 10 years ago. Long ride. Lightening delay. Stopped in 4th and 1 in the red zone. Throw a pic at the half. Turnaround and force a fumble and we are ahead and get the ball coming out of the half. We may not be any better than we were last year…but this team is fun to watch
(08-25-2023, 11:21 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: 20-7 at the half. Rams have made big plays when they had to. Hope the QB from LCC is okay. Took a really rough, but clean hit. Arm looked weird coming off the field. To his credit the kid popped right up. Looked like a possible collar bone or shoulder issue. Hope he is good to go. That boy has a lot of heart.

What I like about where we are as a program, this is a type of game we would have likely been down at the half 10 years ago. Long ride. Lightening delay. Stopped in 4th and 1 in the red zone. Throw a pic at the half. Turnaround and force a fumble and we are ahead and get the ball coming out of the half. We may not be any better than we were last year…but this team is fun to watch
I think we will be better offensively by the end of the year this year compared to last year. Defensively we probably ain’t as good as last years team
Here it comes Raceland has made up 5 TDs on Pikeville hehe
28-14 Raceland 3rd quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
34-14 Raceland 3rd quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
34-20 4th quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If you guys wanna see something funny to watch that last drive by LCC. Six pass interference calls on Raceland and two face masks. Yeah…..that was interesting
Pikeville fans will come at me like crazy and so will Paintsville… but Raceland had more yards in penalties than LCC had in offense on that last drive lol. Still gotta make stops when it counts though. Rams up 34-20 in the 4th

I think you could play this game 20 times and this is the closest it could ever be.
40-20 Raceland 6:08 4th quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We gotta clean the penalties up though. This game should have never been a two score possibility of LCC coming back into it. Penalties aided them one score. We don’t score in the red zone in the first quarter. This should have been a running clock
(08-26-2023, 12:16 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Pikeville fans will come at me like crazy and so will Paintsville… but Raceland had more yards in penalties than LCC had in offense on that last drive lol. Still gotta make stops when it counts though. Rams up 34-20 in the 4th

I think you could play this game 20 times and this is the closest it could ever be.
Well if the Rams were at Ramland they would have got away with all those penalties isn’t that right RAMDAD50 hahahaha I just couldn’t help myself
(08-26-2023, 09:25 AM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(08-26-2023, 12:16 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Pikeville fans will come at me like crazy and so will Paintsville… but Raceland had more yards in penalties than LCC had in offense on that last drive lol. Still gotta make stops when it counts though. Rams up 34-20 in the 4th

Well if the Rams were at Ramland they would have got away with all those penalties isn’t that right RAMDAD50 hahahaha I just couldn’t help myself
Maybe 50/50 but dang….when the guys doing the game on the livestream start questioning the calls it’s gotta be bad