Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A Bath County @ 1A Fairview 8/18
The boys of Bath travel to Westwood to kick off the season for both teams, Scrappy is calling for a close game with conditioning being a major factor by games end, run n gun Fairview will attempt up to 70 snaps per game this year. Huge difference on rosters for these teams Bath mostly upperclassmen and eagles have lots of youth. with this being said i say the eagles shock most people and pull off the victory.

Eagles 30
Bath 28
It’s a close one. Could go either way. I think Fairview wins on their home field. But if Bath comes away with the victory, it could be their only one just like last season. Bath isn’t a very well coached team. A lot of penalties last year and inexperience. Let’s see if they can turn it around and be relevant like they were 4-5 years ago. Probably not.
This freshman group for Fairview have some kids that will absolutely get after it and compete. Will it be enough? I’m not sure but I do know that they have a kid in Manning that will fight, scratch, kick and scream with all he has. If the entire team takes on that identity then Fairview can absolutely have a better year than last. The swagger and attitude is gone in Westweed and I hate it. I miss the days of Ram A Devil and RamDad fighting back and forth with Clinty boy and Crappy Coo coo. Old football breeds good football. Hope Fairview can turn it around.
(08-14-2023, 08:31 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: This freshman group for Fairview have some kids that will absolutely get after it and compete. Will it be enough? I’m not sure but I do know that they have a kid in Manning that will fight, scratch, kick and scream with all he has. If the entire team takes on that identity then Fairview can absolutely have a better year than last. The swagger and attitude is gone in Westweed and I hate it. I miss the days of Ram A Devil and RamDad fighting back and forth with Clinty boy and Crappy Coo coo. Old football breeds good football. Hope Fairview can turn it around.
The problem with Fairview is simply its geography. It is caught right on the borders of Russell, Ashland, and Boyd County  and those schools eat up any talent that may have went to Fairview otherwise.  Despite this they’ve had good teams throughout the years and I’ve always heard stories about how they were really tough in the 70’s and 80’s.

As for this game, I don’t really know much about what either team has but I’ll be pulling for our district rival.
(08-15-2023, 11:26 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(08-14-2023, 08:31 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: This freshman group for Fairview have some kids that will absolutely get after it and compete. Will it be enough? I’m not sure but I do know that they have a kid in Manning that will fight, scratch, kick and scream with all he has. If the entire team takes on that identity then Fairview can absolutely have a better year than last. The swagger and attitude is gone in Westweed and I hate it. I miss the days of Ram A Devil and RamDad fighting back and forth with Clinty boy and Crappy Coo coo. Old football breeds good football. Hope Fairview can turn it around.
The problem with Fairview is simply its geography. It is caught right on the borders of Russell, Ashland, and Boyd County  and those schools eat up any talent that may have went to Fairview otherwise.  Despite this they’ve had good teams throughout the years and I’ve always heard stories about how they were really tough in the 70’s and 80’s.

As for this game, I don’t really know much about what either team has but I’ll be pulling for our district rival.

Last time Fairview was relevant, they were getting recruits from the entire tri-state.  Now, they are very bad while having Ashland less than 10 minutes in one direction and Raceland 15 minutes in the other direction.  Not to ignore Russell, but if they're going to transfer for football, they might as well drive on down to Raceland.
I'm betting on any QB named Manning. Eagles by 7.