Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers-16 @ Jets -19 OT
Final

Way to go Jets. Nugent's 1st career FG in OT. The Jets D had 7 sacks on Big Ben.
figures..welp, this wraps up the worst weekend in the history of football. Great blocking by that o-line, giving up 7 sacks to that ferocious 2-8 Jets team. I think Im gonna go to bed now, and end the suffering.
I had a bad weekend to TH. UK loses and UT wins, lol. But I know you had it tougher than anyone with BAMA losing to the juggernaut of UL Monroe and now the Steelers losing, I feel for ya bro!
I think this is what keeps Pittsburgh from being an elite team. They have a bad habit of playing down to the level of their competition. I'm not sold on Tomlin aa a coach yet either. Yes...hes leading the division, but its a very bad division and I think you guys will agree that the Steelers could very well be undefeated right now. They have lost 3 games to teams they should have beaten easily.
Bengal Cat Wrote:I think this is what keeps Pittsburgh from being an elite team. They have a bad habit of playing down to the level of their competition. I'm not sold on Tomlin aa a coach yet either. Yes...hes leading the division, but its a very bad division and I think you guys will agree that the Steelers could very well be undefeated right now. They have lost 3 games to teams they should have beaten easily.
I couldnt agree more. And yes, thats what Ive been *****ing about all year. They do play down to their level. No argument whatsoever..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I couldnt agree more. And yes, thats what Ive been *****ing about all year. They do play down to their level. No argument whatsoever..

Except when they play the Bengals! Pittsburgh always seems to play well against Cincy...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I still think Pitt is an elite team, they just need to quit playing to the level of there competition. Tomlins fault, the guy is a good coach but just obviously slouched on preparations..
To be an elite team you have to win on the road and beat the teams you are suppose to beat. The Steelers have a losing record on the road. Winning on the road requires focus and execution. They had neither in their 3 losses. Thats why I say I'm not sold on Tomlin yet. More times than not Cowher had them ready and I guarantee you after losing to Arizona and Denver, they would have handled the lowly Jets with Cowher at the helm. Next weeks game at New England should have been a battle of undefeated teams. Or at the very worst the Steelers should not have more than one loss.