Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone watching the Miners game on WYMT
They look pretty good they are up 30-12 over the Xplosion right now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Im watching they look pretty good, everyone for the miners has scored. Pitts got a nice player in that PG not sure on his name.Miners up 18 at the half.
I watched it. The Miners looked very good except for rebounding. Pace and Heard are beasts. I look forward to seeing them in person whenever I get the time to.
Nice to see them getting regional coverage. Are all of their home games going to be on WYMT or was this just a special game because it was their first home game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Probably only once and a while.
everyone who gets the chance should try to attend some games. It is inexpensive and great entertainment. Go Miners!!!!!!
No all of teh home games are going to be on wymt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I was there, and I went to the Miners Madness last Tuesday. I must say it is quite exciting and fun. I really enjoyed it. The team looks real good and they all seem to enjoy playing with each other. Kyle Macy is the new GM of the team, and Bobby Perry and J.P. Blevins were there today. Everyone seemed to be getting into the game too, which I liked. I really want the team to do well. I love me some thundersticks too!
How was the crowd.........
I couldnt understand the announcer on this one, he either said 2,100+ or 2,700+. It looked to be a pretty good crowd for the first game they had. Or that could have been why there was a pretty good one. I thought it was a evening worth the ticket price. Most of the crowd was getting into the game pretty good. I think the person they have for the mascot did a good job of running the entertainment while the game was in time outs and between quarters.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I couldnt understand the announcer on this one, he either said 2,100+ or 2,700+. It looked to be a pretty good crowd for the first game they had. Or that could have been why there was a pretty good one. I thought it was a evening worth the ticket price. Most of the crowd was getting into the game pretty good. I think the person they have for the mascot did a good job of running the entertainment while the game was in time outs and between quarters.

Thats good to hear, I'm gonna half to go and check them out sometime.
Who won the game?? lol
I forgot the abotu the game.... I was wanting to go to it.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I couldnt understand the announcer on this one, he either said 2,100+ or 2,700+. It looked to be a pretty good crowd for the first game they had. Or that could have been why there was a pretty good one. I thought it was a evening worth the ticket price. Most of the crowd was getting into the game pretty good. I think the person they have for the mascot did a good job of running the entertainment while the game was in time outs and between quarters.
2200 was paid...There was not that many there...more like 1400.
I'm looking forward to going to a few games here pretty soon!

Good luck Miners!
FOX SPORTS Wrote:2200 was paid...There was not that many there...more like 1400.

The numbers are switched. 1400 was paid, and 2200 was there. I guess so many sponsors and whatnot. I heard it on the news. They announced the attendance while I was there. It didnt look like a whole lot, but everyone was just so spread out. The crowd was getting into it pretty good after a while. I think it will end up doing okay. The attendance in Pittsburgh for the game Friday was only 600... so we look pretty good compared to that!
Brittany0121 Wrote:The numbers are switched. 1400 was paid, and 2200 was there. I guess so many sponsors and whatnot. I heard it on the news. They announced the attendance while I was there. It didnt look like a whole lot, but everyone was just so spread out. The crowd was getting into it pretty good after a while. I think it will end up doing okay. The attendance in Pittsburgh for the game Friday was only 600... so we look pretty good compared to that!

I was told(could be wrong) if they average 1,000 they stay, under that they leave..........
I watched the game and they kept talking about how important it was to outscore your opponent each quarter, whats the deal about winning quarters, does anyone know how this system works?
Tubby Hater Wrote:I watched the game and they kept talking about how important it was to outscore your opponent each quarter, whats the deal about winning quarters, does anyone know how this system works?
Yeah, not sure what that is. If you look at the rankings (http://www.ekminers.com/) it has points and average points listed so that might have something to do with it. But the Miners have 8 points and I know with only playing 2 games and having one loss they haven't scored the most in all quarters.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Here is how it works and a different rule:
  • During each game, a team can win up to seven standings points - three points for winning the game, and one point for each quarter in which they outscore their opponent. The teams with the greatest number of standings points at the end of the year go to the playoffs.
  • A player cannot foul out of the game - after a player's sixth personal foul, the opposing team receives an automatic free throw.
You can go here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental...tion#Rules) to see a couple of other rules that were tried or started in the CBA.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]