Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haven Ford ‘23 - Rowan Co.
I really like this girl’s game. I think her physicality and her abilities to play off the dribble separates her from others. She is averaging a Double-Double (23 Pts. 11 Rebs). I think she is one of two early season favorites for 16th Region Player-of-the-Year. I know the season is still young but I like the way she is playing right now. The 16th Region is loaded with good girls basketball players so the rest of the season should be fun.
She's already committed and signed to Murray State for next season.
Yes … Murray St. signee. I anticipate she will have a very nice career there. Very talented player. In my opinion the best in the 16th Region. I would love to see her get the opportunity to finish her high school career at Rupp. But that is a long way off!
(12-17-2022, 08:59 PM)The_Messenger Wrote: Yes … Murray St. signee. I anticipate she will have a very nice career there. Very talented player. In my opinion the best in the 16th Region. I would love to see her get the opportunity to finish her high school career at Rupp. But that is a long way off!

I don't agree that she's the best in the region. Shaelyn Steele is more well rounded than Ford. Ford can't rebound like Shaelyn. Ford is more known for her scoring than anything.
Everybody has their own opinion and we can agree to disagree!! Both players are very good high school players and both will get the chance to play at the next level!

For me, Ford’s game is a little better! She is averaging 11+ rebounds a game so for a guard that is outstanding! I think the Steele girl is faster but I think the Ford girl is more physical. Both players are very good but so far this season I favor the Ford girl! But that is just my opinion and you don’t have to agree with my opinion!!
Shaelyn has way more offers than Ford ever had at this stage in her career and will only get more this summer. So obviously the College coaches see the same thing I do. So yeah we agree to disagree.
(12-18-2022, 03:32 AM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: Shaelyn has way more offers than Ford ever had at this stage in her career and will only get more this summer. So obviously the College coaches see the same thing I do. So yeah we agree to disagree.

I don’t think the number of offers is indicative of the quality of the player.  Often, the offers come from schools affiliated with the travel organizations these players play for.  The fact is that both Ford and Steele are mid-major D-1 players because they’re short and neither has elite athleticism.  Where they end up going doesn’t really matter.  They’re both really good high school players and both will get their college paid for.

Steele has played for a better high school coach so she’s had the better high school career.  If they switched high schools, I’d probably say Ford was the better high school player.  Russell takes it much more seriously than Rowan.
(12-18-2022, 08:57 AM)16thregioner Wrote:
(12-18-2022, 03:32 AM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: Shaelyn has way more offers than Ford ever had at this stage in her career and will only get more this summer. So obviously the College coaches see the same thing I do. So yeah we agree to disagree.

I don’t think the number of offers is indicative of the quality of the player.  Often, the offers come from schools affiliated with the travel organizations these players play for.  The fact is that both Ford and Steele are mid-major D-1 players because they’re short and neither has elite athleticism.  Where they end up going doesn’t really matter.  They’re both really good high school players and both will get their college paid for.

Steele has played for a better high school coach so she’s had the better high school career.  If they switched high schools, I’d probably say Ford was the better high school player.  Russell takes it much more seriously than Rowan.

I agree to disagree with you as well and we will leave it at that. Shaelyn isn't a mid major player she has some power 5 conference offers. The last I looked Boston College was in the acc and a power 5 conference. Penn State is in the big 10.
I was just stating “My Opinion”. My opinion is based off what I have seen so far on the young season and what I think makes a great high school player. Everybody has their own opinion but for me the Ford girls checks off more boxes. Again that’s just my opinion and everybody has their own criteria they go by.
(12-19-2022, 07:13 PM)The_Messenger Wrote: I was just stating “My Opinion”. My opinion is based off what I have seen so far on the young season and what I think makes a great high school player. Everybody has their own opinion but for me the Ford girls checks off more boxes. Again that’s just my opinion and everybody has their own criteria they go by.
Your opinion is spot on. Many more boxes. You cant argue with a homer.
Congrats to Haven on being named Miss Basketball '23. She is definitely a tremendous talent. She had a great season and Murray St. is getting a extremely talented basketball player. She repped 16th Region and the state as the best players. I was hoping she could finish her career at Rupp Arena but Ashland was just the best team in the Region.

I look forward to watching Haven's career at Murray State.