Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tonight's Predictions (3/2)
In the 13th, I'll take Harlan County pulling away midway through the 4th, 82-74 & Barbourville topping Clay County, 64-58. 

On Upset Alert (I'll pick four): 
McCracken County vs. Marshall County 
LaRue County vs. Central Hardin
Breathitt County vs. Knott County Central
Pulaski County vs. Mercer County
(03-02-2023, 04:18 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: In the 13th, I'll take Harlan County pulling away midway through the 4th, 82-74 & Barbourville topping Clay County, 64-58. 

I predict the Rock lays the smack down on your candy @$$.   Hounds make a couple of plays down the stretch to beat the Bears.  Master motivator ,Glenn Gray, get his kids' attention and they pull the mild upset and advance to the semis to face those dirty red dogs.
(03-02-2023, 06:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 04:18 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: In the 13th, I'll take Harlan County pulling away midway through the 4th, 82-74 & Barbourville topping Clay County, 64-58. 

I predict the Rock lays the smack down on your candy @$$.   Hounds make a couple of plays down the stretch to beat the Bears.  Master motivator ,Glenn Gray, get his kids' attention and they pull the mild upset and advance to the semis to face those dirty red dogs.

A session with North-South and Clay County-Corbin would be quite the ticket. I know that it has happened at The Arena at least once (2010). Have there been any other occasions?

Guessing the probability of it is a bit lower than other combinations since they both share a district and two have to go in as a loser.
(03-02-2023, 06:46 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 06:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

A session with North-South and Clay County-Corbin would be quite the ticket. I know that it has happened at The Arena at least once (2010). Have there been any other occasions?

Guessing the probability of it is a bit lower than other combinations since they both share a district and two have to go in as a loser.
I'm trying to remember, Jack.  I definitely remember the one you mentioned.  I'd love to see it.
(03-02-2023, 06:51 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I'm trying to remember, Jack.  I definitely remember the one you mentioned.  I'd love to see it.

Maybe one of the years Clay County won it or lost to South Laurel in the final?

I remember one of those years having a really tight Clay-Corbin game, but can't remember if that was in the first round or the year that Williamsburg won it (maybe both).

Seems like something that you almost think would have had to have happened more than once in all this time, but maybe not.