Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Tournament
Just saw the girls' bracket posted. Leslie County hosts and the games start Monday February 27.

Wolfe 
Hazard

Owsley 
Letcher 

Knott 
Breathitt 

Leslie 
Estill
Semis:
Owsley vs Hazard
Knott vs Leslie

Championship:
Owsley vs Leslie

Anything can happen in a tournament but I believe it will come down to the Lady Eagles and Lady Owls. Should be an entertaining championship game if that scenario plays out.
Be a battle. I’m going with Leslie.
(02-24-2023, 04:27 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Be a battle.  I’m going with Leslie.
No doubt they should be the favorite. And it doesn’t hurt to be host. But anything can happen in tournament play.
I think both games on Monday night will be really good games. Leslie has to be the favorite at home but they can also lose to several teams in the tournament.
Leslie wins the trip to Rupp
Leslie and Owsley in the final, should be a good one. IMO Lady Owls have been playing as good as anyone in last month, look for an exciting week of great games.
(02-25-2023, 02:55 PM)JBoogie Wrote: Leslie and Owsley in the final, should be a good one.  IMO Lady Owls have been playing as good as anyone in last month, look for an exciting week of great games.
Owsley has defeated Leslie in the last three regional tournaments, twice in the semis. But this year they are opposite brackets and if they play it will be in the championship.
(02-25-2023, 06:52 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(02-25-2023, 02:55 PM)JBoogie Wrote: Leslie and Owsley in the final, should be a good one.  IMO Lady Owls have been playing as good as anyone in last month, look for an exciting week of great games.
Owsley has defeated Leslie in the last three regional tournaments, twice in the semis. But this year they are opposite brackets and if they play it will be in the championship.
I’m just glad to see the Owls on opposite sides of the bracket of Knott and Leslie for a change. If I’m not mistaken they have had to face one or both in the regional tournament the last 4 years. Up till this year the draw was almost identical every year for the lady owls
Owsley wins the 14th
[-] The following 2 users Like WWW's post:
  • Boogie, LOOKAYANNER
Owsley
Leslie

And everyone else