Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 55 Owsley County 49
I’ll just say this about this game, if you go to Harlan County to play a game and you are from out of region and Mike Ashhurst walks out on the floor as one of the officials you are in deep trouble. I saw some sad and deliberate homer officiating from him tonight. It doesn’t help that he used to be principal of old Cawood High which is now part of the new school. He sure made it looked pretty obvious tonight and even the TV streaming broadcasters couldn’t hide their disagreements with a bunch of his calls, which I won’t go into detail about because it would take too long.
22-6 fouls count
Harlan county shot 18 free throws in 2nd half alone to Lady Owls 4 for the game. Every call was made by same guy, Asshurt as mentioned above
[-] The following 1 user Likes Boogie's post:
  • LOOKAYANNER
(02-15-2023, 12:51 AM)Boogie Wrote: 22-6 fouls count
Harlan county shot 18 free throws in 2nd half alone to Lady Owls 4 for the game.  Every call was made by same guy, Asshurt as mentioned above
I knew the 18 point halftime lead Owsley had wouldn’t last and they’d still be lucky to win, and I was right. He went to work quickly in that second half. No way he was going to call a foul when we drove to the basket but he called breathing fouls on Owlsey. He called jump ball fouls on Owsley several times, lol. Even the tv stream guys said they didn’t see anything but a jump ball. And before the 3rd quarter ended and Owsley leading by 6 holding for a last shot before they could take it with a few seconds left Ashhurst called the only 3 second violation that was called all game, lol. No way he was giving Owsley a possibility of going up by 8 or maybe 9 heading into the last quarter. But the big killer was all the phantom fouls on Owsley that put them in a position where they couldn’t defend. One girl drove to the lane and scored a lot because we had players with 4 fouls. Pretty sad deal imo.
I talked to Coach Amburgy this morning. Said he didn’t show much because he’d see you first round of the Region. Said to Savor you victory for it will not happen again against him.
(02-15-2023, 02:25 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I talked to Coach Amburgy this morning.  Said he didn’t show much because he’d see you first round of the Region.  Said to Savor you victory for it will not happen again against him.
?
(02-15-2023, 02:25 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I talked to Coach Amburgy this morning.  Said he didn’t show much because he’d see you first round of the Region.  Said to Savor you victory for it will not happen again against him.
Who are you referring to? Owsley hasn’t played Coach Amburgy this year.
Not sure how I put this under Owsley post but whatever was in my Bang must of put me another world. Meant to put that message on the Knott/Powell thread. Ahahahaha
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • LOOKAYANNER
(02-15-2023, 03:39 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Not sure how I put this under Owsley post but whatever was in my Bang must of put me another world.  Meant to put that message on the Knott/Powell thread.  Ahahahaha
I’ve done the same before, lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • DukeBoy
(02-15-2023, 03:39 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Not sure how I put this under Owsley post but whatever was in my Bang must of put me another world.  Meant to put that message on the Knott/Powell thread.  Ahahahaha
Lol do you really believe that? Come on!! They got waxed! Knott thought they could play Powell straight up man. They got fooled.

Owsley is the team to beat going into tournament play. Owsley Leslie and Perry top 3 everyone else is pretty much even
[-] The following 1 user Likes WWW's post:
  • Boogie