Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County 43 Martin County 6
Final.
What a good win for Greenup. I knew the QB was good, but the rest of the team must have made some improvements as well. I wonder if the speedy RB returned tonight.
I watched this on MyTownTV. Greenup not only has the best QB in the area in Sammons, but Brady Howard runs with authority and speed. I don’t know about the quality of the Greenup line play, but they have some pieces that could allow them to pull some real surprises as the season goes on. Impressive.
Sammons over Lundy?
(08-27-2022, 08:57 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Sammons over Lundy?

Lundy is the better passer, but he's had a better line and receivers as well.  To me, he's judged under a different lens this year.  He passed the week 1 test.  We'll see how he stands up to Russell tonight. 

I don't know if they're related or not, but it's kind of like the other QB named Sammons who played at Greenup a few years ago.  That guy threw lasers all over the field, but his receivers let him down over and over.  This Sammons doesn't have that kind of passing ability, but I like his athleticism and the fact he can make something out of nothing, a required skill when playing for Greenup.
Its Eli's younger brother if I am not mistaken and he has been a beast since he first put on pads. Downhill and great vision. The most impressive thing about him is his ability to set up blocks. He does a great job at setting up defenders. I agree he is a great athelete. Just disagreed with the "best QB in the area" title, maybe that was not your true intenet since your explination makes total sense.

Greenup has also beat Flemming by 1 score and Martin Co like a drum. The level of competition from a physicality standpoint will increase for them the next 2 weeks. I will reserve my judgement for him after the next couple of weeks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • 16thregioner
(08-27-2022, 10:17 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Its Eli's younger brother if I am not mistaken and he has been a beast since he first put on pads. Downhill and great vision. The most impressive thing about him is his ability to set up blocks. He does a great job at setting up defenders. I agree he is a great athelete. Just disagreed with the "best QB in the area" title, maybe that was not your true intenet since your explination makes total sense.

Greenup has also beat Flemming by 1 score and Martin Co like a drum. The level of competition from a physicality standpoint will increase for them the next 2 weeks. I will reserve my judgement for him after the next couple of weeks.

I agree wholeheartedly.  I am intrigued to see if Greenup can hang with Lawrence and Boyd.
I think Greenup has a better shot of hanging with Boyd than they do Lawrence. Dawgs had a week off and are excited for their first home game. One game at a time, never looking ahead and underestimating anyone because if you don’t show up and play than you can get beat by anyone.
Lawrence looked good against a very undisciplined Harrison Co squad last week. I doubt Greenup can hang with LC for 48 minutes. However….While LC has some good team speed….they don’t appear to be as fast as they were last year.
(08-27-2022, 07:15 AM)16thregioner Wrote: I watched this on MyTownTV.  Greenup not only has the best QB in the area in Sammons, but Brady Howard runs with authority and speed.  I don’t know about the quality of the Greenup line play, but they have some pieces that could allow them to pull some real surprises as the season goes on.  Impressive.
I think I’m starting to question your ability to recognize good talent haha. You way off on this one bub
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • 16thregioner
(08-27-2022, 07:15 AM)16thregioner Wrote: I watched this on MyTownTV.  Greenup not only has the best QB in the area in Sammons, but Brady Howard runs with authority and speed.  I don’t know about the quality of the Greenup line play, but they have some pieces that could allow them to pull some real surprises as the season goes on.  Impressive.
Individual players aside, let's be honest; No disrespect but Martin Co. isn't a top tier team.
(08-27-2022, 02:08 PM)Slic Ric Wrote:
Individual players aside, let's be honest; No disrespect but Martin Co. isn't a top tier team.
No you’re right ….Martin Co isn’t very good at all but I’m glad to see more of these coaches scheduling games they can win. We all watched Greenup get beat on for years and right now I’d say it feels good to them boys to be winning no matter the level of competition.