Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Junior Griffey to the Braves?
http://www.wcky.com/pages/lancesBlog.html

Per ESPN's Buster Olney - The Reds could approach the Braves about a deal involving Ken Griffey Jr. -- Cincinnati could effectively hand Griffey to Atlanta, for a Grade B-plus prospect or two, while absorbing some of his salary. Junior could play right field for the Braves, with Jeff Francoeur moving to center fielder. This is something which Griffey Jr. might theoretically support, because he'd be only a short flight from his Orlando home, and it would help the Reds resolve their outfield glut.
I had heard this rumor around july, everyone was wondering what the braves would do with the great possibility of losing Andruw Jones. Not that jones is gone the rumors have started back up, It will be interesting to see how things work out. The braves may also look to get Mike Cameron who is a free agent now.
That would be great. I would love to see Griffey play for Bobby Cox. GO BRAVES!
I would love to see KG get out of cincy and win a championship.
jammin' jamey Wrote:http://www.wcky.com/pages/lancesBlog.html

Per ESPN's Buster Olney - The Reds could approach the Braves about a deal involving Ken Griffey Jr. -- Cincinnati could effectively hand Griffey to Atlanta, for a Grade B-plus prospect or two, while absorbing some of his salary. Junior could play right field for the Braves, with Jeff Francoeur moving to center fielder. This is something which Griffey Jr. might theoretically support, because he'd be only a short flight from his Orlando home, and it would help the Reds resolve their outfield glut.

I hope the Reds do not simply give Griffey up for a borderline prospect, especially if they are paying part of his salary. I would accept a midlevel prospect in return only if the other team pays all of his salary, since that would allow the Reds to use that money for other players.

This is still Ken Griffey, not chopped liver. He just finished a season in which he hit .277, had 30 HR, and knocked in 93 runs. It doesn't help the team at all to give him away and pay his salary too.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree!
Would love to see this!!!!
But don't think you can come to Atlanta and just throw the #3 on your back. That my friend belongs to the greatest! DALE MURPHY!!! LOL!
I say we trade Griffey for Escobar. Seems like a good trade to me.
I'd like to see Jr Griffey in a nice flashy Pirates uniform, personally, lol..
BCF4L Wrote:I say we trade Griffey for Escobar. Seems like a good trade to me.

No chance that happens. Escobar's future is too bright.
I don't see this trade happening. What's the Reds gonna get in return? Nothing that's going to help them win the NL Central that's for sure. "It's Cheaper to Keep Her" (or him in his case - LOVE that song.)

Hamilton with Freel/Edwin E. in a package deal to someone for pitching...Alex Gonzo for some relief help, with the Reds eating some of Gonzo's salary. There's your two offseason moves.
jammin' jamey Wrote:I don't see this trade happening. What's the Reds gonna get in return? Nothing that's going to help them win the NL Central that's for sure. "It's Cheaper to Keep Her" (or him in his case - LOVE that song.)

Hamilton with Freel/Edwin E. in a package deal to someone for pitching...Alex Gonzo for some relief help, with the Reds eating some of Gonzo's salary. There's your two offseason moves.

Exactly my point. If other teams won't give up anything of value, how does it help us to trade him? If we trade Junior and pay a big chunk of his salary, I expect a top prospect in return.

I agree about trading Gonzo, too, and I would be willing to eat part of his salary as well in order to get a decent prospect in return. I also think they should trade Freel, but I think the Reds have to assume they won't get equal value in return for him. Hamilton's trade value will not be high due to his injury history. EE may bring a good return, since he showed a lot of improvement this year, but it would depend on the trade partner.

At the very least, I don't want to see any Red get traded just to dump salary - except for Stanton! Smile
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Are there any decent sinker ball pitchers in option years or in free agency? Great America requires the ball to be down in the zone.
thecavemaster Wrote:Are there any decent sinker ball pitchers in option years or in free agency? Great America requires the ball to be down in the zone.

I heard someone in the media say that the best available FA pitcher this year is Kyle Lohse. Rolleyes
The Braves need a center fielder until their youngsters are ready, and veteran Ken Griffey Jr. loves Bobby Cox, the accomplished Braves manager, and Griffey’s Cincinnati Reds aren’t going anywhere soon.

Not only that, Griffey is baseball’s cheapest superstar with a highly workable contract. He also lives maybe a seven-minute drive from the Braves’ spring complex in Orlando, which would suit the homebody Griffey just fine.

The same would apply to a Griffey stint in a Braves uniform. He still cherishes his time as a youth in the 1980s when he often took batting practice for fun at old Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium with the likes of Dale Murphy, Bob Horner and somebody named Ken Griffey Sr., a Braves player back then after his noted career with the Reds.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-...raves.html
I'd like to see this happen. I've jumped on the A-Rod bandwagon now though :p
We could use him at short stop now. Wink
we'll hes a train wreck in Cinncinatti so the Braves would be only for the best.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I'd like to see Jr Griffey in a nice flashy Pirates uniform, personally, lol..

Lord yes, Pirates would fit Griffey good, he has a couple of good years left in him, before the falling action kicks in.