Belfry 42 Magoffin Co. 14
Final

Belfry moves to 11-0

Rematch with Sheldon Clark next Friday at Belfry

Go Pirates !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Way To Go BIG RED
Congrats Pirates!
After the first drive, where Magoffin scored, but it was called back, (Anyone that was there knows that the interference on Thomas the next play was a dumb call, the pass was 5 feet over his head), the Pirates really settled down, scoring on the 1st or 2nd play of almost every drive, with it 42-0 at the Half.

Good job Pirates, bring on the Cards!
So did Belfry try not to score at in the 2nd half or did Magoffin hold them in the 2nd
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cards09 Wrote:So did Belfry try not to score at in the 2nd half or did Magoffin hold them in the 2nd

We pulled our starters...Belfry will not run up the score on anyone
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cards09 Wrote:So did Belfry try not to score at in the 2nd half or did Magoffin hold them in the 2nd

I would say the former. Haywood has never been one to put unnecessary points on the board against an outmanned opponent.
Haywood is the epitome of class. Starters didn't grace the field in the 2nd half...other than Preston for the initial drive in 3rd qtr.

We put the JV in, and Magoffin left in their starters the whole game.
BelfryPirates Wrote:We put the JV in, and Magoffin left in their starters the whole game.

K thanks for the info i was just wondering congratz on the win and see you guys next week....... And Magoffin congratz on a good season and reaching the playoffs for the first time since 1995 you guys have a good team but dont habg your heads low and get ready fo next season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Pirates. Lets do it again next week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Congratz Belfry!
BelfryPirates Wrote:We put the JV in, and Magoffin left in their starters the whole game.

magoffin pulled the starters in the 4th, it was jv on jv in that time.
Congrats to Belfry, good luck against the cards. Magoffin did something great this year. Build on it and make it to the playoffs next year. Once again Good Luck Belfry, bring another title home to Eastern KY.
magic man Wrote:magoffin pulled the starters in the 4th, it was jv on jv in that time.
Thats right They did.To be honest I think everyone on Belfry's side got in last night at some point and I'm pretty sure Magoffin's side too.
Just a classy Coach Haywood type game as always. Belfry, if you only knew how much I respect your program in every aspect! Congrats Pirates and best of luck next week against S.C.! Magoffin, by no means do you have any reason to hang your heads! You guys did something that a Hornet football team hasn't done in 12 years! Best of Luck to you guys next season as well!
Congrats to Magoffin Co. on a GREAT season. To Coach McCoy and the rest of the staff, CONGRATS on leading this team back down the path that the school once used to be on. As far as the game, if I'm a Pirate fan I send a HUGE THANK YOU to the Hornets! Why you ask? Belfry came out FLAT!!!! and Magoffin took advantage. The Hornets flat out beat Belfry on the line and ran with power on that opening drive of the game. The Hornets did get into the endzone on a great run by one of the seniors, Brandon Mullins, but it was called back for holding. As far as the pass interference call, maybe the pass was over the receivers head, but he still got hit early, but that's neither here nor there! Belfry players and fans owe the Hornets due to the fact that we smacked you in the mouth on your feild and had you backpeddling for just a little while, so Magoffin Co. woke you up, PERIOD! Say what you want about the game, but give them Hornets some credit. Belfry certainly dominated after that, but MCHS never quit and will never quit. SO congrats to them and coach Haywood on a job well done. Magoffin will not hang there heads, they'll be back cause nobody picked them to be here anyway. We've always been told you can't do this or that, but we keep them legs a churnin and will fight to the end in whatever we do. We might not have the talent that other programs do, but compared with heart, you won't find a better school! To all the Hornets seniors I have overwhelmingly enjoyed my time watching you guys play the game you love and to all of you I say THANK YOU!!! Never let anyone tell you, you can't do something in life, because with the effort you have inside you, nothing can hold you back! Good Luck to the Pirates versus the Cardinals, should be a great game. GO HORNETS!!!!! See you next year!
Roll on!
Congrats Pirates
great job BELFRY !!
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Congrats Pirates!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry is just a great football team the hornts held there own with them in the 1st drive but that was it.. 3 to 5 years from now i see magoffin county playing with the best... great job to #34 jordan howard, #26 brandon mullins, #9 shane allen, #10 phillip francis, #33 dustin minix, #88 chad howard, # 84 casey ginter, #66 cody cole, #41 jamey reed, #60 garreit gibson, and last but not least #69 nathanel witacker.... these boys done there job and they will always be rembered at mchs
Good luck Belfry
Magoffin, good job on the first drive, and during the 2nd half,
15thfan Wrote:Belfry is just a great football team the hornts held there own with them in the 1st drive but that was it.. 3 to 5 years from now i see magoffin county playing with the best... great job to #34 jordan howard, #26 brandon mullins, #9 shane allen, #10 phillip francis, #33 dustin minix, #88 chad howard, # 84 casey ginter, #66 cody cole, #41 jamey reed, #60 garreit gibson, and last but not least #69 nathanel witacker.... these boys done there job and they will always be rembered at mchs

Thanx buddy for the tribute and Belfry is a really good team. But the fact of the matter is MC scored on them FIRST even though it did get CALLED BACK due to a holding call it dont matter though. Belfry will go on to win District Championship. At least we can say we got beat by the champs.
Codeman Wrote:Thanx buddy for the tribute and Belfry is a really good team. But the fact of the matter is MC scored on them FIRST even though it did get CALLED BACK due to a holding call it dont matter though. Belfry will go on to win District Championship. At least we can say we got beat by the champs.

If it got called back over a penalty, you didnt score on them first.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:If it got called back over a penalty, you didnt score on them first.

You prove a pretty good point.
Great job to Belfry. Obviously from the score they played a pretty solid game. Good luck to them against Sheldon Clark. And also congrats to Magoffin County for reaching the playoffs in a few years. They played hard all season and they showes on the opening drive. To bad the TD was called back. Good luck to both teams in the fututre.
TongueirateSho All the way to state![/B][/B]TongueirateSho