Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Bonnor Named New Ashland Boys Interim Basketball Coach
He has been an assistant coach for the Tomcats for the past 8 years.
(11-16-2022, 08:29 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: He has been an assistant coach for the Tomcats for the past 8 years.
Great hire. He is a Tomcat and will do great things!
I’m not from there but if he has been on the staff isn’t it kind of crazy to think he didn’t know everything going on? Not sure, how hiring someone that supported everything the guy they fired did until he got caught is making a change in the right direction.
He's an Ashland guy, I'm glad to see Ashland actually going that route. And I hope they stick with him. Ashland has always went out and found all these outside coaches to come in, and those coaches don't have the care about homegrown kids that homegrown coaches do. Good luck Coach Bonner!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fanman's post:
  • 16thregionballer
(11-16-2022, 08:57 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: Great hire. He is a Tomcat and will do great things!

Translated: He'll play my son so I like him. Tongue

I hope Coach Bonner knows the honeymoon will only last until he loses to Boyd County.  Jeremy Howell, another former Tomcat and the Ashland coach prior to Jason Mays, led the Tomcats to a 24-6 season only to lose his job after losing both the district and region to a Fairland, Ohio transfer led Boyd County team.

At least Bonner can likely whip any crazed Boyd or Ashland parents who might want to wait for him in the lobby after the games this season.  Good hire.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregioner's post:
  • LOOKAYANNER
(11-17-2022, 09:59 AM)16thregioner Wrote:
(11-16-2022, 08:57 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: Great hire. He is a Tomcat and will do great things!

Translated: He'll play my son so I like him. Tongue

I hope Coach Bonner knows the honeymoon will only last until he loses to Boyd County.  Jeremy Howell, another former Tomcat and the Ashland coach prior to Jason Mays, led the Tomcats to a 24-6 season only to lose his job after losing both the district and region to a Fairland, Ohio transfer led Boyd County team.

At least Bonner can likely whip any crazed Boyd or Ashland parents who might want to wait for him in the lobby after the games this season.  Good hire.
That’s your character showing through. Kinda like Mays does. Temper tantrum.  Howell was fired due to misconduct. Not wins and loses. Parents/kids reported him for abusive language.  It appears you don’t like homegrown and roots.