Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 63 Lawrence County 57 (15th Region Quarterfinals)
Final from the Appalachian Wireless Arena. 

The #9 Panthers hang on to improve to 29-2 on the year. They led by as many as 19 on separate occasions, but sloppy play and a Lawrence run made things interesting late. 

Samons hot start may have been the difference. The Panthers will need to stay clear of the foul trouble that disrupted their flow tonight. Nick Robinson led PHS with 16. 

Next up will be Martin County on Saturday in the 15th Region Semifinals.
Great effort by the Bulldogs in the second half!
Pikeville’s fast pace through 3 quarters seemed to get to the Panthers a little in the 4th. Bulldogs came back from a huge deficit to make it a ballgame.
Best team won without question, but the Bulldogs didn’t go out like sacrificial lambs.
Cody Maynard in particular went out like a lion with a strong second half.
Congrats to the Panthers and good luck in the semis.
A big thank you to Coach Chandler Thompson, Coach Chet Pelfrey, Coach Mark Thompson, and Coach Cam Sparks, as well as each and every player on the roster for a sterling season in Lawrence County.
Go grab the title, Panthers.
Heath Jarrell is the man! It goes unnoticed sometimes because of the ungodly talent on the team but he really impresses me every game I watch. During that Lawrence county hot streak I thought back to those 3 big treys he hit in the first quarter coming off the bench, that may have been the difference maker.
A little too much “hot dogging” from my Panthers after they sprinted out to a big lead. Too many alley oop attempts and no look pass attempts that resulted in turnovers and points the other way. Now isn’t the time to lose the fundamentally sound basketball that’s got you to this point. I’m sure Coach Justice brought that to their attention in no uncertain terms. Respect to LC for playing hard for 4 quarters and not making it easy on us. Survive and Advance!!! HAIL PIKEVILLE!!!
Next game with Martin County should be a really good game