Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 65 - Lewis Co 20
Final

Russell 65

Lewis Co 20
Way to go Devils
Really not much to say about this one. Alot of playing time for the JV and Freshman teams for Russell.

Lewis Co just doesn't have the numbers. #24 is a nice reciever and the QB throws pretty good. Keep your heads up Lions.
Nice job Russell
congrats devils
Russell looked good tonight, I went and watched this one and the younger players for Russell had a chance to get some playing time. I have to give it up to Lewis though, they came in, played hard, and didn't quit. That quarterback for Lewis County is a solid player, he had several completed passes, and early in the game he threw a few good passes that were dropped. However, Russell's powerful offense was just way too much for Lewis County. Drew Abrams had a spectacular game rushing the ball for Russell, he had 148 yards and 3 touchdowns on only 6 carries.
Good win Devils now get ready for simon kenton.
Congrats Russell
And you guys acted worried before the game....this wasn't EVEN a surprise...yall gotta not get down on your teams so quick
blitz43 Wrote:And you guys acted worried before the game....this wasn't EVEN a surprise...yall gotta not get down on your teams so quick

We weren't down on the team before this game. Most of us are talking about the season as a whole and the lack of enthusiasm. Lewis marched right down the field on their first drive and Russell's D decided to tighten up and stop the drive. The first couple of drives that Lewis had should have resulted in 2 Td's but the receivers dropped balls. The pass coverage is a bit suspect but all in all wasn't a bad game.

The test will be next week with 6A Simon Kenton coming to Russell then the week after with Russell traveling to Mason.
Congrats Russell
How many of Lewis Co's points came against Russell's 2nd and 3rd team players? How many were passes?
DevilsWin Wrote:How many of Lewis Co's points came against Russell's 2nd and 3rd team players? How many were passes?

All of their touchdowns were against 2nd or 3rd D none against the first team
Congrats Russell..keep chuggin!!
Midee1 Wrote:We weren't down on the team before this game. Most of us are talking about the season as a whole and the lack of enthusiasm. Lewis marched right down the field on their first drive and Russell's D decided to tighten up and stop the drive. The first couple of drives that Lewis had should have resulted in 2 Td's but the receivers dropped balls. The pass coverage is a bit suspect but all in all wasn't a bad game.

The test will be next week with 6A Simon Kenton coming to Russell then the week after with Russell traveling to Mason.

If you were paying attention to the starting lineups they had some seniors in there who normally dont start, once they started moving the ball they put the normal starters in, because next week is Senior night and they probably wont get in.
RedDevilRB Wrote:All of their touchdowns were against 2nd or 3rd D none against the first team
:thumpsup: Way to go Red Devil!
EkyLb Wrote:If you were paying attention to the starting lineups they had some seniors in there who normally dont start, once they started moving the ball they put the normal starters in, because next week is Senior night and they probably wont get in.

Who would they be? I didn't notice many differences but then again I did not have a roster in my hand and was not paying 100% attention to the announcers.
It was a good way for McGlone to get #300 on. I believe he could have started the JV team last night and still won. I know that a few starters didn't start tonight on defense because of injuries. This was a good rest game for them. Drew looked good and so did Baily. They are starting to come along and about the right time also.
Congrats Russell.
Bailey didnt start and I think a couple others didnt either, also wasnt paying full attention, I think some people have put too much into the fact that lewis threw for close to 300yds, Considering 95% of it came against backups or the backups, backups.
Good homecoming win...Next week starts a tough stretch as we get geared up for the playoffs...Will be nice to have some interesting games...
EkyLb Wrote:Bailey didnt start and I think a couple others didnt either, also wasnt paying full attention, I think some people have put too much into the fact that lewis threw for close to 300yds, Considering 95% of it came against backups or the backups, backups.

So you are only sure of 1 that didn't start and think maybe a couple of others. Well my suggestion is to not tell people that they are not paying attention to the game when you weren't either. I am sorry but having just one that didn't start would not make that much difference. Lewis still came out and marched down the field and putting Bailey back in did not stop the drive.

I am one that feels that throwing for 300+ yards is impressive whether they got it against the JV or whoever.

It's not difficult to congratulate others on a job well done.
Baily wasn't the only one that didn't start Jones did not start on defense and only played a copule of plays on defense or just one series due to a slight injury.
DEVIL89 Wrote:Baily wasn't the only one that didn't start Jones did not start on defense and only played a copule of plays on defense or just one series due to a slight injury.

I knew that Jones would not play on D. But it was made to sound like there were quite a few starters that didn't start and when Lewis moved the ball they were put in.
Midee1 Wrote:I am one that feels that throwing for 300+ yards is impressive whether they got it against the JV or whoever.

It's not difficult to congratulate others on a job well done.
I do congratulate Lewis Co for playing hard and the effort that those kids put into the football program there.

On the other hand I'm not concerned about the yardage either. Russell started subbbing early and often. Yes the starters looked like they were not interested in being there on the first couple of drives. (that does concern me)

But after that the subs started coming and kept coming. The first TD for Lewis was against the JV defense.

The second was against the JV as well and was on the play where Rogers laid out the reciever and everyone on the field and in the stands thought it was an incomplete pass. Everyone except the ref who never blew the whistle and ruled it a fumble. 30 seconds later one Lewis Co player takes it into the endzone. Lesson - Don't stop until you hear a whistle.

The third TD came against the freshman team late in the fourth quarter on a running clock.

The game reminded me of the UK/Florida games in the Mumme era. The stats look pretty good but the game was never in doubt. And thankfully McGlone doesn't pull a Spurrier and put the starters back in because the other team kept passing.