Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 70 Prestonsburg 25
I just watched some of this on YouTube.  Betsy Layne really looked good.  A link to the game is below if anyone wants to watch it.

I watched last night. Betsy Layne was dialed in for sure. Hopefully Rose is okay for Prestonsburg. He went down hard on his shoulder last night in the 2nd quarter and never returned.
(01-30-2021, 03:50 PM)clipperw Wrote: I watched last night. Betsy Layne was dialed in for sure. Hopefully Rose is okay for Prestonsburg. He went down hard on his shoulder last night in the 2nd quarter and never returned.

Yes, I hope he is ok.  Coach Newsome really had his Bobcats ready last night.
We looked very energetic in this game and was playing fast which o believe is what coach Newsome wants.

Prestonsburg really struggled in this game
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Betsy Layne this good or P-burg just that bad?
(01-30-2021, 08:39 PM)Big Don Wrote: Betsy Layne this good or P-burg just that bad?

PBurg isn’t very good. They have one good player
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
It seemed to me like Betsy Layne was playing with a chip on their shoulders remembering the last time they played Prestonsburg at the Fieldhouse. If I'm not mistaken one of their former teammates transferred to Prestonsburg so perhaps they also had a little extra motivation to go out there and play the way they did. I cant wait to see the Bobcats and Lawrence County play.

With Andrew Kidd and Davy Bentley out, Byron Tackett has played well in some extended playing time. The more depth the Bobcats can develop the better for them as they do like to press and sometimes that can lead to some foul trouble, so having depth helps a great deal.
Blackcats just aren’t very good. Not a very good passing team or shooting team. Refs also let both teams get away with a ton of fouls.

Betsy Layne has a good team that can win some games in the region tourney.

Pburg is better than what we’ve seen so far. Hope to see them get it together by tourney time.

Hope Rose is okay as well for PHS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Spud6
Betsy Layne played well in this one. I hope I get to watch them and Lawrence play. I haven't seen Lawrence play this year and I know they lost their leading scorer but their young talent looked very good last year. It should be fun to watch.