Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crittenden Co @ Paintsville 9-19-20
Thoughts? Predictions?
Western teams find out early this year that the East is once again overwhelming superior.
5.5 trip (with no stops)... so more like 7.5 hours.

Crittenden has a good team, but this is not going to be fun against a solid Paintsville squad.

Paintsville 36-14.

I would take Paintsville by 7-12 on a neutral field.
The game was originally set to be played in Marion, but it was going to be cancelled due to concern with number of cases in the area (per WPSD). Crittenden Co agreed to travel instead of losing the game. They need to play against this kind of 1A competition now that Mayfield is back in 2A and Russellville is significantly down. Not sure how long it's been since the Rockets have played against a far east team (over 20 years at least). Paintsville should be way too much - even before switching locations. A really good experience for Crittenden Co no matter the outcome.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • PoCofootball
I too will take the PHS TIGERS
Painstville 41
Crittenden County 13

Long bus ride for anyone to play a football game!
Paintsville gets revenge for the 1985 state title game.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
(09-15-2020, 04:33 PM)2000PHS Wrote: Western teams find out early this year that the East is once again overwhelming superior.
Play a good western team on a neutral field and outcome is different. Even this game would be different on a neutral site.
Heard this game has been cancelled, Crittenden Co found a game closer, can someone confirm? If so, the Eagles are just across town.
(09-16-2020, 04:01 PM)Old guy Wrote: Heard this game has been cancelled, Crittenden Co found a game closer, can someone confirm? If so, the Eagles are just across town.
It has been cancelled. Crittenden is now playing Union County. I would love to play Central. Sure we may get waxed but if Pikeville can continue to play Belfry every year there’s no reason why we can’t continue to play Central. To me that why Pikeville is growing their program to new heights. They will play anyone. It was ridiculous to schedule a game that’s six hours away to begin with especially  when you have your biggest rival looking for a game and they’re just ten minutes away. Coach Brugh would have played Central in a heart beat.
Exactly, We play Bell County and Belfry and they are contenders in their class. Not to mention, Paintsville will get a boost in RPI for playing up classes, if I am not mistaken. The players and the town need this to happen. No travel expenses and I can guarantee there will not be a ticket that goes unsold.
(09-16-2020, 01:28 PM)The_best63 Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 04:33 PM)2000PHS Wrote: Western teams find out early this year that the East is once again overwhelming superior.
Play a good western team on a neutral field and outcome is different. Even this game would be different on a neutral site.
We played their best last year on the road and ran for 450+ yards...
(09-16-2020, 05:00 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 01:28 PM)The_best63 Wrote:
We played their best last year on the road and ran for 450+ yards...
???? Am I missing where you played a Western team?

Aug 23, 19 Lawrence County away (W) 48 - 17
Aug 30, 19 Beechwood at Georgetown College (W) 19 - 14
Sep 6, 19 Pikeville home (L) 8 - 9
Sep 13, 19 East Jessamine home (W) 41 - 35
Sep 27, 19 Hazard away (L) 14 - 23
Oct 4, 19 Union [Appalachia/Powell Valley] (Appalachia), VA away (W) 21 - 14
Oct 11, 19 Fairview away (W) 56 - 0
Oct 18, 19 Betsy Layne home (W) 44 - 0
Oct 25, 19 Raceland home (W) 19 - 15
Nov 1, 19 Lexington Christian home (L) 7 - 35
Nov 7, 19 Fairview home (W) 67 - 0
Nov 15, 19 Raceland home (W) 32 - 18
Nov 22, 19 Williamsburg home (W) 36 - 34
Nov 29, 19 Kentucky Country Day away (W) 44 - 20 Class 1A 2019 UK
Dec 6, 19 Pikeville at Kroger Field, UK, Lexington (L) 0 - 43 Class 1A 2019 UK
[-] The following 1 user Likes The_best63's post:
  • PHSFAN
Sadly there will be no game this week. In a year where you better take any game that you can get we just turned down a game with Johnson Central. It really speaks volumes of how our current staff sees our program. I don’t want to hear all this bigger school bs either. Raceland plays Ashland every year and Pikeville plays Belfry every year. I miss the days of Walter Brugh when Paintsville Football would play anyone at anytime.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ralph Furley's post:
  • PoCofootball
Sad deal. No players on crittenden's team have been diagnosed or contact traced. Contact tracing has taken a fewof kids out of school but no football players. Further, they can't find any examples where the virus is spreading at school.
Mostly at a couple of local churches. I worry that we are going to struggle to finish a season if teams use the governor's pointless and arbitrary "color code". Paintsville has great folks but the decision not to play is the wrong one.
It both too late to play johnson central or scrimmage
It appears that the final decision is made on a local level and not by the Gov. I hope this is this case IMO. Jason Frakes has been tweeting today about the games still being played despite being in the "red" zone:

Lynn Camp at Estill
Campbellsville at Green Co
Logan Co at Greenwood
Crittenden Co at Union Co
Probably going happen all  year long teams find games closer than call cancel  on the other team I guess contract don't mean  anything this year