Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who’s some players to watch for in 1a this year?
1. Jake hyden ( Paintsville )
2. Harris Phelps ( Paintsville )
3. Isaac Mcnamee ( Pikeville )
4. Tyson Turner ( Hazard )
5. Andrew Ford ( Hazard )

Just throwing out a few names that are on my watch list this year. No particular order
Raceland QB
Pikeville QB
Phelps at Paintsville
Hazard always seems to have a hard nose running back.
I would look for Wade Hensley to setup in right in a nice role for Pikeville.

Those would be some of mine without looking to see who is returning.
Imo, look for Sophomore Carson wright of Pikeville to stud up this season, as well as Peyton Salyer. Peyton started as a Freshman last year and did a great job all season.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Imo, look for Sophomore Carson wright of Pikeville to stud up this season, as well as Peyton Salyer. Peyton started as a Freshman last year and did a great job all season.

Yes Peyton Sayers and his brother Mason will be very good. Carson Wright will be a pure beast on both sides of the ball.
Pikeville is loaded again despite losing a great senior class.

Other Pikeville players to watch, and you will hear of many more:

Zac Lockhart
Nate Collins
Josh Taylor

Many others will make a name for themselves as well.
The Panthers may take a while to gel this year, but I see them rolling to Kroger again...
Should have mentioned Landon Hammock in the prior post, he was a force on the state championship team.

You will hear a bunch of other names this year for sure!

This isn't the thread, but if you saw Pikeville Middle gut Belfry Middle like 38-6 in the regional championship a couple years ago and now have more players in those classes, you know what's coming...
All these playmakers centering around an excellent QB like Isaac McNamee will only play a big part in playing at Kroger. Zack Lockhart had a breakout season even with the ball coming Jackson Hensley and Seth Pugh's way most of the time. I think we can look for bigger and better things out of Zack this season. Kid's got excellent hands and speed.
jetpilot Wrote:Should have mentioned Landon Hammock in the prior post, he was a force on the state championship team.

Absolutely ! I've been told this young man has gotten bigger, faster, and stronger in the off season. All done on his accord up to this point. Going to be a BIG contributor!
jetpilot Wrote:Should have mentioned Landon Hammock in the prior post, he was a force on the state championship team.

This isn't the thread, but if you saw Pikeville Middle gut Belfry Middle like 38-6 in the regional championship a couple years ago and now have more players in those classes, you know what's coming...

Yes. It's coming !
PIKEVILLE Would not of beat belfry last year if Dixon rb from belfry had played. Without a doubt.
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:PIKEVILLE Would not of beat belfry last year if Dixon rb from belfry had played. Without a doubt.

Confusedinglepar

This is a 1A thread not a Belfry excuses thread!Confusednicker:
I think one young man should be mentioned in this conversation is the Thornsbury kid that transferred in. In watching film on hudl, he looks pretty quick at DT. He wastes no time getting into the backfield. His size is good, although he's listed height is deceptive. He looks shorter than listed, but again he's got some speed. If he plays like what i've seen, then there are some positives he brings to the table.
Gus McCrae Wrote:I think one young man should be mentioned in this conversation is the Thornsbury kid that transferred in. In watching film on hudl, he looks pretty quick at DT. He wastes no time getting into the backfield. His size is good, although he's listed height is deceptive. He looks shorter than listed, but again he's got some speed. If he plays like what i've seen, then there are some positives he brings to the table.
The kid is UBER talented. No question about it. With that said, I think he’s got a bit of an adjustment period ahead of him. He played in a 4-3 at Mingo. Pikeville runs a 3-4 most of the time. Judging from the film I watched. Mingo just turned Jacoby loose and let him use his athleticism to make plays. Coach Sullivan’s Defense is a much more assignment driven, technique oriented style of play that has very little room for “Freelancing”. Not saying Jacoby can’t flourish in this type of defense. He can and he will! Just gonna take some time is all...
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:The kid is UBER talented. No question about it. With that said, I think he’s got a bit of an adjustment period ahead of him. He played in a 4-3 at Mingo. Pikeville runs a 3-4 most of the time. Judging from the film I watched. Mingo just turned Jacoby loose and let him use his athleticism to make plays. Coach Sullivan’s Defense is a much more assignment driven, technique oriented style of play that has very little room for “Freelancing”. Not saying Jacoby can’t flourish in this type of defense. He can and he will! Just gonna take some time is all...

Agree. Noticed in the PCB where he made some good plays from his DT position. Ol for Pikeville responded petty well with the quickness he was bringing. Adjustment to Pikeville system will be key imo, but shouldn't be a problem. Imo, a welcomed addition the the Panther team.
District One Players to Watch:

Crittenden County:
Xander Tabor
Luke Crider

Russellville:
Josh Allen
Jovari Gamble

Fulton County:
D'Avian Bradley
Broc Bridges
Max Gibbs
Dominick Francis and Tyrell Hollis from Phelps. Francis had over 1300 rushing yards last season. Hollis is a speedy back looking to have a breakout year
Pikevilles whole team, there film guy, couple of their cheerleaders, and one of the concession stand workers. I’m hearing they all have division 1 scholarship offers.
sambo Wrote:Pikevilles whole team, there film guy, couple of their cheerleaders, and one of the concession stand workers. I’m hearing they all have division 1 scholarship offers.

Concession stand worker is a sleeper 5 star...