Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 65 South Laurel 62
Final. Turner has a huge game and carries the Panthers to the win.
South not looked good since Madison Central. Struggled at times with Rock and Whitley. Down late to Corbin and Harlan.

Be awhile before Davis gets another shot at Rupp.

This don’t surprise me much
Never expected Knox to get this far. Great job by the coaches and players.
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:South not looked good since Madison Central. Struggled at times with Rock and Whitley. Down late to Corbin and Harlan.

Be awhile before Davis gets another shot at Rupp.

This don’t surprise me much

Never mind the whole team had the flu and still about pulled it off. South has a ton of young talent and will be right back in the mix next year with Anders and Payne running the team. But classy post after losing a team loses a game because of something out of their control.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Never mind the whole team had the flu and still about pulled it off. South has a ton of young talent and will be right back in the mix next year with Anders and Payne running the team. But classy post after losing a team loses a game because of something out of their control.

They struggled against Whitley and Corbin in district. Great season, disappointing finish.

This is not the first time you’ve attacked me. You got an issue, feel free to PM me.
Congratulations Panthers!!

I'm missing PantherNation so much right now. I don't have anybody to talk smack to!!
Confusednicker:
What about these Panthers!!! Congratulations Guys
Great win KNOX
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Never mind the whole team had the flu and still about pulled it off. South has a ton of young talent and will be right back in the mix next year with Anders and Payne running the team. But classy post after losing a team loses a game because of something out of their control.

So whole team had flu and played, ain’t that dangerous and spreading flu to everyone on other team and arena
After losing 4 senior starters off last years region title team I expected Knox to have a so so year. So impressed with that team.
So am I. But the one thing you can count on when it comes to Knox Central; no matter the talent level, the always play their hearts out. And that has become a tradition with them.
2face Wrote:So whole team had flu and played, ain’t that dangerous and spreading flu to everyone on other team and arena

Yes and yes. It happens every year, but it's usually before tournament time.
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:They struggled against Whitley and Corbin in district. Great season, disappointing finish.

This is not the first time you’ve attacked me. You got an issue, feel free to PM me.

Have a issue with you taking shots at current kids or kids coming up from any team. You've done it for years. If that feels like an attack to you, then we don't need to PM. Lol.
Cromer , Hostettler , Anders , Wright and England all battling sickness at the worst possible time. Knox is playing well. Harlan Co seems to be playing a little better. For this South team to win 27 games against the competition they played is pretty remarkable. Most times they were playing 3 on 5 on offense. It’s no secret that Hostettler and Jones struggled to score. But a healthy Cromer was more than enough to make up the difference with Norvell and Anders both In double figures most nights. Hostettler and Jones accepted their roles and They played those roles just right on most nights. South will be right back in the mix next year with a very talented younger bunch coming up to join Anders Some very nice size with the freshmen and sophomores as well.
South making a habit of getting upset at the arena.

Wonder if anyone is upset with coach.

Past 2 years they have had the best player in tournament.
I think both laurel coaches could get some help from the north and south girls coaches on ball movement. They played great. Boys seems like there is almost zero ball movement zero in transition offense. Knox knows how to get back on defense and get a rebound and push the ball up the court and score. Kind of painful to watch north and south boys. Too much watching one player do it all.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Have a issue with you taking shots at current kids or kids coming up from any team. You've done it for years. If that feels like an attack to you, then we don't need to PM. Lol.

That’s simply not true. You’ve attacked others on here as well if you disagree with them. Again, feel free to private anytime.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Have a issue with you taking shots at current kids or kids coming up from any team. You've done it for years. If that feels like an attack to you, then we don't need to PM. Lol.

Also, I said they were not playing well as the season ended. How is that “taking a shot?”

Taking away the flu games, they let Whitley and Rockcastle hang around. A Corbin team that is down this year led South late. Same with Harlan .

That’s not in any way a shot at players or coaches. Still waiting on that PM lol
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Also, I said they were not playing well as the season ended. How is that “taking a shot?”

Taking away the flu games, they let Whitley and Rockcastle hang around. A Corbin team that is down this year led South late. Same with Harlan .

That’s not in any way a shot at players or coaches. Still waiting on that PM lol
south beat Whitley by 11 at Whitley in regular season. South beat Whitley by 13 at south. South beat Whitley by 15 in district at Whitley. Idk why you would expect anything but a 10-15 point win by south in That one. South beat rock by 16. South had 28 wins on the year. Only 6 was by 20 plus points. 10-15 is about the norm.
Red Bunch Wrote:South making a habit of getting upset at the arena.

Wonder if anyone is upset with coach.

Past 2 years they have had the best player in tournament.

I could be wrong but I would sincerely doubt that this is the case. There's a difference in having lost after you've taken the team to State a handful of times and took them as far as the semi-final in one of those trips and having lost when you're still trying to get over the hump of just getting there. The Saturday morning of the State Tournament type runs rightfully earn you some goodwill with most of your fans. South Laurel is still probably the premier job in the 13th Region in my book. Nice student population, good local support, strong tradition, don't have to worry so much about competing with other sports for your best athletes in the way Corbin, Bell, or Harlan County may have to with football, your town has more potential for growth than most towns in the region (whose populations seem to keep declining). There is a whole lot to like about that job.
Granny Bear Wrote:So am I. But the one thing you can count on when it comes to Knox Central; no matter the talent level, the always play their hearts out. And that has become a tradition with them.

Over the past three years, their team has overcome quite a bit in terms of adversity and they are changing the direction of their program for sure. Getting to Rupp last year was huge for them in terms of getting over the mental block and all the labels.
The Corbin team that came into district play was obviously a very motivated team ready to turn around a lackluster season. They blew out a Williamsburg team that was supposed to challenge for a district title by 40. Then went toe to toe with South Laurel for 30 mins. South was able to make the plays in last couple mins to pull out a very hard fought win. To think South would beat Corbin a third time with ease tells me you’ve not followed basketball around here very long.
Leonards_loser Wrote:The Corbin team that came into district play was obviously a very motivated team ready to turn around a lackluster season. They blew out a Williamsburg team that was supposed to challenge for a district title by 40. Then went toe to toe with South Laurel for 30 mins. South was able to make the plays in last couple mins to pull out a very hard fought win. To think South would beat Corbin a third time with ease tells me you’ve not followed basketball around here very long.

I have. To me, South struggled with Whitley, Rock, Corbin.

They had no business letting Rockcastle within 15 points, same for a very down Whitley.

Watched every home game and a few road games. Not the same level of ball they were playing in January. But that’s just my opinion and I’m not sure why that upsets anyone.
Granny Bear Wrote:Congratulations Panthers!!

I'm missing PantherNation so much right now. I don't have anybody to talk smack to!!
Confusednicker:

Never fear I'm here. Panthers going to smack that bear A$$ Tonight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:I have. To me, South struggled with Whitley, Rock, Corbin.

They had no business letting Rockcastle within 15 points, same for a very down Whitley.

Watched every home game and a few road games. Not the same level of ball they were playing in January. But that’s just my opinion and I’m not sure why that upsets anyone.

If you saw most games then you would’ve seen South didn’t bury Whitley in neither one of the games during the season. So to think it would be different in district is crazy. Rockcastle Co was a very young team but it seems like we say that every year. Them being in the 12th I didn’t follow them as closely. I do know that Rockcastle played Knox Central to the wire and coulda easily won that game in the Raymond Reed Classic in January.